Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
No experience but while browsing the USA2ME site, I noticed that they have a "Personal Shopper" option, where they buy for you, although it'll cost 10%.
But how would that work with something like the Kindle? A Kindle, as I understand it, is tied to your personal Amazon account. How could a "personal shopper" buy something online for you in that way?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #32
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

I read on amazons site that if you were buying it as a gift for someone, you can deauthorise from your account and let them register it themselves. If I go with the virtual credit card route it will be registered in my name anyway, it's just that I'll have to get it shipped to a company like USA2ME and have them ship it onto me. I just wish I knew someone who could verify that one of these virtual credit card companies isn't a con!!
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #33
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
I just did a search on Google for USA2ME, one of the first things in the result was the following...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...off0151247.htm
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #34
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusbop View Post
I just did a search on Google for USA2ME, one of the first things in the result was the following...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...off0151247.htm
On the other hand, did you read the rebuttals at the bottom of that page?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #35
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
Hi sarahw2275,

You can order it to any US address with your foreign credit card. Why you need a virtual credit card. Just add a friend's (living in USA) address in your order, but use the billing address of your credit card. That way amazon accepts the order. I live in New Zealand, and it seems it worked for me.
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 AM   #36
bertlmike
bertlmike began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800 + FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkabir View Post
Hi sarahw2275,

You can order it to any US address with your foreign credit card. Why you need a virtual credit card. Just add a friend's (living in USA) address in your order, but use the billing address of your credit card. That way amazon accepts the order. I live in New Zealand, and it seems it worked for me.
That's exactly what I was planing on doing. Have you ordered yours yet? Can you confirm, that you can also buy books that way?
The problem is, that amazon won't even let you try to buy a book, unless you have a kindle linked to your account.
bertlmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:56 AM   #37
hkabir
e-bookviner

I didn't really order yet. But I checked it, and the amazon system even calculated the amount payable in NZ dollar since it identified that my credit card issuer is NZ bank. I just stoped at the last stage of ordering. I want to make sure I would be able to buy books. I read in another thread that amazon doesn't allow buying books with foreign credit card even though you've a Kindle registered in your account. I alreay sent an email to amazon customer service regading this issue. Let's see what they reply.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:14 AM   #38
LwoodY2K
LwoodY2K began at the beginning.

Device: None
According to some post in the discussion forum, you're required to have a US issued credit card with a US billing address to purchase downloads, but I suppose the actual CS is probably a better source than that.
LwoodY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #39
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

Has anyone with a kindle tried to download books with a non US credit card yet?

@hkabrir - Did you hear back from customer services yet?
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #40
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
sarahw2275: yes, it doesn't work.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #41
hkabir
e-bookviner

Hi Sarah,

I got a reply from from customer service. You must have a U.S. billing address to purchase book through 1-click buy. Surprisingly, you can buy kindle with 1-click with non-U.S. credit card, but not books and other content. I didn't ask about using amazon gift card.

Hi igorsk, did you try with gift card.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:59 PM   #42
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Sarahw2275,

I have used a virtual credit card in the past. I wanted access to the iTunes store, but since I live in China and do not know anyone in the States, I tried their service. It actually worked painlessly. I sent them $22 via Paypal, and they sent me a credit card number, with a name and address from Las Vegas, with $20 on it available. The card only lasted for a few months but it is enough time to make a purchase. No complaints.

Here is the link to the company I used to get a virtual credit card.

Unlinq Virtual Credit Card

Last edited by Tom Swift; 11-25-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: added a name
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #43
hkabir
e-bookviner

Hi Tom,

It seems like unlinQ now do not accept payment through paypal as you mentioned. Now you've to open e-gold account. How safe is it to open an e-gold account. Does anyone know amazon accept virtual credit card? Is there anybody in the forum living outside U.S.A. and own a kindle?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:58 AM   #44
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Thinking about it, I think I did use eGold to fund the account. They also take money orders so that would work if you did not want to go through the bother of getting an eGold account. No idea about Amazon but like I said, it worked for me with Apple.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #45
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkabir View Post
How safe is it to open an e-gold account. Does anyone know amazon accept virtual credit card? Is there anybody in the forum living outside U.S.A. and own a kindle?
I have been using e-gold for years. It is perfecly safe and reliable. The biggest problem is that buying e-gold usually means you have to do a wire transfer or send a money order to an "e-gold dealer". I actually would love to see alot more vendors take e-gold.

Most don't take a credit card back transaction becuase there have been alot of "e-gold" vendors that have had to go out of business. People would "buy" e-gold with a credit card, then do a charge back on the cc, leaving the e-gold vendor with no recourse. All e-gold transactions are final. While e-gold will try to recover funds if fraud can be proved... the "gold" could be long gone.

BOb

PS: If you do open an e-gold account please use me as you referer if you don't have anyone else: Go to this URL then select the signuphere link in the upper right hand corner. http://127062.e-gold.com/ It cost nothing to sign up or have an account until you fund it.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote