Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
kindle forgets progress and highlights each time I open a book

There's a book I'm reading on my Kindle Oasis 2, and each time I open it, it opens from the beginning, instead of opening where I last got to.

I tried bookmarking a page or highlighting a passage to remind myself where I got to, but each time I open it, it also deletes all my bookmarks and highlights.

I tried restarting the Kindle.

I tried converting the ebook from azw3 to azw3 in Calibre, but the issue persists even with the converted file.

This hasn't occurred with any other ebooks on this ereader, just this one book.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with their Kindle?
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post
There's a book I'm reading on my Kindle Oasis 2, and each time I open it, it opens from the beginning, instead of opening where I last got to.

I tried bookmarking a page or highlighting a passage to remind myself where I got to, but each time I open it, it also deletes all my bookmarks and highlights.

I tried restarting the Kindle.

I tried converting the ebook from azw3 to azw3 in Calibre, but the issue persists even with the converted file.

This hasn't occurred with any other ebooks on this ereader, just this one book.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with their Kindle?
Sounds like the book not the kindle.
Can you get a fresh download?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
After a dozen or so Kindles, I've never had that problem.

If you have more than one device, such as two Kindles or a Kindle and a phone with a Kindle App, you do need to enable the Whispersync in Manage Your Kindle.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote