Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 04:22 AM   #1
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Is there a way to set Calibre Content Server to save with series info?

I noticed that when a file is saved from the content server that the name is just name - author(s). I tested with a file that has the series info properly entered and the series info shows up on the content server.

Just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I noticed that when a file is saved from the content server that the name is just name - author(s). I tested with a file that has the series info properly entered and the series info shows up on the content server.

Just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere.
You should be able to do what you want with a plugboard. Use "content server" as the target device and have the plugboard change the title to contain the series information.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I think she's asking about the file name suggested by the server. There is no way to control that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:56 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I think she's asking about the file name suggested by the server. There is no way to control that.
I looked at the code (content.py lines 259-261) and the file name used for content disposition header is generated from the mi after applying a plugboard. I didn't try it, but the title & author taken from that mi should be as modified by the plugboard.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:01 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are correct, my mistake.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:49 AM   #6
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
ok this is the first time I've tried to do a plugboard.
For format : any format
Device: content_server
source template: {series}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{title} - {authors:sublist(0,3, & )}
destination field : no idea what to put

Last edited by LadyKate; 05-22-2015 at 12:54 AM.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:43 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The destination field is where you want the text generated from the template to be written. You probably want it in the title field.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:20 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The content server generates the name using something similar to the template
Code:
{title:.30s} - {authors:.30s}_{id}
The template cannot be changed. The plugboard can change the inputs to the template: title and author.

Note that the plugboard is also changing the metadata inside the book. If you use the library management features of whatever reading app(s) you use then you will see the changes made by the plugboard there as well.

If you are using Calibre Companion (I suspect that you are not) then you can tell CC to ask the content server to provide the same file name that the wireless device would produce. See the CC setting "File Names / Use calibre's file names". This method does not involve plugboards so doesn't change the metadata inside the book.