Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Logandros
Logandros began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
New .MOBI has me confused

I have Diary of a Wimpy Kid series... in Mobi (the new KF8 version I assume).

My 1 daughter has a Kindle Fire (they load just fine),

My 2nd daughter has a Kindle Keyboard 3.4

For the life of me I cannot convert these mobi files to something that the KK 3.4 will accept. I have seen an option or rather a possibility that I can rename them to azw3 and then convert them to mobi by changing the plugin output to 'old' but then when I inspect the book using the viewer before transferring them to her KK 3.4 all the images are removed.

This has me confused because if she downloads the books (she already has 3 on her device) they are downloaded in azw3 format and have all the pictures intact. These are kids books and the images on the pages make for fun reading so I don't want to lose them and I would hate to have to pay for these books twice now. Any help with the issue/conversion would be most appreciated.

Happy Holidays / New Year's !

(I would have posted this in the conversion sub-forum but I'm not 100% it is a conversion problem)
Logandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You shouldn't have to convert them to anything - just send them directly to the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Logandros
Logandros began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Oddly the way I finally got this to work was I had to rename the original .mobi files to .azw3 and re-import them back in to Calibre. I was then able to send them to her Kindle Keyboard 3.4. Strange that in the original .mobi format Calibre was not able to detect and convert it.
Logandros is offline   Reply With Quote