Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
M-edge adds more cases for e-reader devices

The folks at M-edge have been following some of the MobileRead discussions that have mentioned the Sony Reader leather jacket, and wanted to let everyone know that they also have a leather jacket and a silicon jacket for the iLiad. iLiad owners have had to put up with Sony Reader being in the spotlight quite a bit, so we want to point out that M-edge has twice as many cases available for the iLiad as the Reader. All the more important for protecting that big, beautiful screen!

This extends the case lineup to include the following:

ILiad Cases
* eMotion Leather Jacket (Preorder until Feb 15) $49.99
* eMotion Silicon Jacket (Preorder until Feb 15) $34.99
* eMotion Jacket $39.99
* eMotion Sleeve Jacket $34.99

Sony Reader Cases
* eMotion Leather Jacket (Preorder until Feb 5) $39.99
* eMotion Sleeve Jacket $34.99

Some of the prices listed below above are labeled "Sale", so prices may change over time. According to M-edge, more leather jacket colors are coming soon. Probably including red, brown, and possibly one other color. I'm sure that increased demand for the covers will bring incentive to add to their lineup.

Personally, I think the leather jacket might be a must-have item for many e-ink owners because of the added protection.

One concern for Sony Reader owners to keep in mind is whether the M-edge leather cover fits over the Sony accessory covers (or the Sony premium Dooney and Bourke leather cover if you have one). Snapping on and off those Reader covers is not something you would want to do frequently.

Update: The Sony leather jacket case does not allow the Reader to slide in with the standard cover attached. It turns out that the idea is to replace the Sony cover. That approach has its advantages - better protection and aesthetics, as well as integrated pockets and a pen loop for those that may take notes while reading.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Ahhh.....i just bought a Jacket a few days ago...

The grapes are sour anyway!
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Still have the receipt?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Is the cover reinforced or just thick?
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
M-edge
M-edge doesn't litterM-edge doesn't litter

Device: samsung
The cover (and back) is a solid sheet of hardboard (~1/8" thick) that will not bend or flex without significant force.
M-edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Nice to hear!

Good that you are still producing covers for the Iliad and even increasing the selection.
Maybe we'll soon see a cas/cover for the assorted STAReBOOK clones? Since there seem to be 3 companies using the same hardware to create their individual devices there could be a market there.
If Baen manages to get their thing going then there will be at least 1000 units around...and that on top of all the Chines and Taiwanes (and one German) guys already owning the STAReBOOK...maybe you'll look into it?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 AM   #7
gandalfbp
gandalfbp began at the beginning.

Hi all,

just a short question: do you fix the Sony Reader with the hook on it's back? Like the standard case, with what the unit came originally?

Peter
gandalfbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I like the case, but I don't want to give up haveing a color case. I will definitely get one once the color ones arrive. I hop this time that one is a definite pink. I'd also like a an off white one to match my Noreve TX Case or my Sena magenta case.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #9
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-edge
The cover (and back) is a solid sheet of hardboard (~1/8" thick) that will not bend or flex without significant force.

Thank you.

PS: Any pic of the inside with the reader?

EDIT: Found the view button on the site...

Last edited by Nightwing; 02-05-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-edge
But will absorb moisture and go soft over time. Any plans to make a version using high density polyethelene?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #11
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
But will absorb moisture and go soft over time. Any plans to make a version using high density polyethelene?
I think you answered one of my questions for m-edge, scotty.

I'm using the reader in an environment with dust, and i was thinking if the rigid material inside wont soften/degrade if i wash the cover.

So, asking M-Edge: Is the rigid material in the cover, cardoard(carton)?
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:01 AM   #12
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Does the Reader still fit into the docking stand with these aftermarket covers attached?

Regards,

Matt
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:13 AM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
From the pictures, I'd say not.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #14
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
Is there an european distributor for the m-edge covers?
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #15
M-edge
M-edge doesn't litterM-edge doesn't litter

Device: samsung
To answer some of your questions;
1) The rigid material in our leather jacket is plastic.
2) Our jacket is designed to replace the stock reader case; so the reader will not fit into the M-edge jacket with the stock case attached.
3) We do not use the Sony "snap-lock" design to attach the reader to our jacket. The reader slides in behind a leather rim that holds the reader in place.
4) The reader will need to be removed from the jacket in order to fit into the dock.
5) We ship internationally from our website (www.buymedge.com); however, we are working on developing a european distribution channel.
M-edge is offline   Reply With Quote