Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #91
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Mean Very Mean .... Why can't I live somewhere even remotely like that, The estate where I live used to be a Sewage Works (Some think it still is !!! )

Beaumont Leys, City of Leicester, UK

Yeah, well, keep in mind that none of us are showing pictures of the ugly parts of our cities!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #92
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Did someone request beaches?

Here are a few of our local favorites... when we have time, that is...
Grace, Are all of those on the Big Island?

I worked at Pohakuloa for three years, and never visited a beach once. "when we have time, that is..." is so true! :sigh:
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Yeah, well, keep in mind that none of us are showing pictures of the ugly parts of our cities!
This is the high rise condo I live in. Sure is purty, huh?

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #94
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
You mean like this ?

Even the ugly parts have their charm

This is exactly where I live by the way. Not in one of these huge buildings, but in a 4-storey building not far from there. I see those buidlings when I look out my window.

Do you see the tram is going to Moscou ? Yep, we have a Moscou as well

Last edited by Iridal; 01-07-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #95
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
The grass is always greener on the other side of the hedge.........
This is my house, and my street, and I have a mill I can see from our house.
It's just: I can't stand the snow for long........always out on my bike..........

Last edited by desertblues; 02-27-2012 at 01:06 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #96
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Hey, it's even got a pool!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #97
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq6000 View Post
Well actually Deception Bay, Depression Bay is one of the local nicknames. One of the nicer ones.
This was a town in the middle of nowhere with cheap land where the state government in their wisdom decided to build a lot of public housing.
Imagine - public housing, no local employment, no amenities, no public transport... I think what the government did might be more kindly called sweeping a problem under the carpet.
Locals call the place D Bay. I have lived here 20 years and lately there are people trying to make the place a bit upmarket. These people decided Deception Bay was not the best name for such a beautiful place, and suggested its name be changed to Endeavour Bay. As if! We don't want to live in E Bay!!!
Angela
Aha! the old D Bay. I went to high school with people from D.Bay, but 20 years is not long enough ago to have been to school with me!

Quote:
That's a flash place! I wonder how high you could build a high rise with those modules! ?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #98
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hey, it's even got a pool!
I'm first class all the way. A jacuzzi is next on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
That's a flash place! I wonder how high you could build a high rise with those modules! ?
I got it two units higher, but found out I was violating zoning laws. So I had to lower it to its present height.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #99
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Ruby Beach is located on the Pacific coast in Olympic National Park, and is of my favorite beaches.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #100
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Here is part of the city where I go to the University of Adelaide:

and the city

And yes, we also have the usual main roads flanked by grotty used car dealers and overhead power lines. But Adelaide is very clean and parts of the city do look good. Partly climate, it's dry but next to the ocean so a lot of pollution and dust gets blown away.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #101
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The loveliest part of Durham, NC is the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, adjacent to Duke University. A wonderful place to visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gardensoverview468.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	64342   Click image for larger version

Name:	gardensfishpool250.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	64343  
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #102
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Oh Melbourne! Perhaps not quite as spectacular as others, but I do love her so:

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #103
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
I'm first class all the way. A jacuzzi is next on my list.
get brainphart to come visit
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #104
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
The view from my office window right now...
Click image for larger version

Name:	view2.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	997.8 KB
ID:	64352

Last edited by jehane; 01-08-2011 at 01:07 AM.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #105
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
The view from my office window right now...
Attachment 64352
A cooler summer than in Queensland
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote