Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
cscotts
cscotts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Best practice for <title> tags

What's the best practice for putting text in the <title></title> tags in each section of an ePub book? The few readers I've tested (Kindle, iBooks, Stanza, couple other software packages) seem to just ignore it. Couldn't tell, but I think Kindle for the iPad displays it? Not sure -- at a minimum a Kindle purchase I have displays running heads, and I'm not sure how else it would be done?

Thanks!

(Sorry if this is off-topic for this board)
cscotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You might get more responses in the ePub forum, or at least that is where I would be looking.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert