Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 AM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
You can do that on 2.0+ now if you have root.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #17
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
i wish i could get this since the google branded phones arent infected with nearly the amount of bloatware that most verizon phones are infected with (no other carrier covers rural wisconsin) i tried a motorola bionic for a week from verizon and it had 60 preloaded apps that were unremovable without voiding warranty Verizons massive amount of bloatware is the only thing keeping me from an android phone.

All signs point to Verizon being the first US carrier to get the phone. Rumors peg Nov. 10th.

I agree it will be great to get a stock Android device without a skin or useless apps on it, similar to the orginal Droid.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Finally, a phone that looks compelling enough to warrant upgrading my HTC EVO 4G. I hope Sprint picks it up!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
You can do that on 2.0+ now if you have root.
yes but im not going to root, i shouldnt have to void my warranty to get rid of bloatware. Thanks for the suggestion but im not a person who likes to hack/jailbreak or root my electronics devices i know alot of people do but i dont.. i just want a device that works.. i dont want a device that has hidden potential but requires modification to see it.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
So I've been following the new features.

It seems many of the new features ICS has added are based on customization from the different vendors.

The lock screen is based on HTC, the contact and phone app are features included from samsung's phones.

Also Google made no mention of this on their show but the sdk has support for stylus.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #21
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
So I've been following the new features.

It seems many of the new features ICS has added are based on customization from the different vendors.

The lock screen is based on HTC, the contact and phone app are features included from samsung's phones.

Also Google made no mention of this on their show but the sdk has support for stylus.
yeah the stylus support would be needed there are many options available now in the tablet world for stylus's
Old 10-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ice Cream Sandwich ?

I'm willing to believe that Android's development is promising and I might even get a phone with that OS if I ever needed a smart phone. But I must say that when it comes to pick a name for their latest OS update, I have to wonder whether they were drinking or had otherwise their senses altered when they came up with that name.

So what's to expect for 5.0 ? Pistachio cabbage mashed potatoes ?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #23
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post

Jelly Bean. Not kidding.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #24
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I kinda like their sweet tooth when it comes to naming the versions.
Though those are only the internal development names the official ones are the numbers.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #25
covfam
Addict

Quote:
Ice Cream Sandwich ?

I'm willing to believe that Android's development is promising and I might even get a phone with that OS if I ever needed a smart phone. But I must say that when it comes to pick a name for their latest OS update, I have to wonder whether they were drinking or had otherwise their senses altered when they came up with that name.

they name thier major versions after ice cream flavors
Old 10-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #26
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Ice Cream Sandwich ?
Android version names:
  • Cupcake
  • Donut
  • Eclair
  • Froyo
  • Gingerbread
  • Honeycomb
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Jellybean
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #27
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Also note: they are alphabetical.

Versions 1.0 and 1.1 would have been A and B, had they been named.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #28
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Finally, a phone that looks compelling enough to warrant upgrading my HTC EVO 4G. I hope Sprint picks it up!
I got 1 more year left on my contract with Sprint.. I wonder what phone would be out on Sprint worth upgrading in July?

Right now I have my Evo 4G rooted running Cyanmod 7 and I love it.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:38 AM   #29
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
I got 1 more year left on my contract with Sprint.. I wonder what phone would be out on Sprint worth upgrading in July?

Right now I have my Evo 4G rooted running Cyanmod 7 and I love it.
In july you will be able to buy Samsung Galaxy S3 with quad core processor
SAMOLED HD + display. Google is supposedly now going to slow its Android releases to once a year so it will be ICS.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #30
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What the hell's a froyo anyway?

Missed this thread last week -- too much going on -- I'm glad they released this and am looking forward to the merging of phone/tablet os. Hopefully it will be released for my Xoom soon.

Also looking forward to ditching my work iPhone early next year for something like this or the Razr or Bionic or with 4G and Android 4.0 and ....

(they are making noises about releasing source code...)

Last edited by kennyc; 10-25-2011 at 05:59 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, nexus