Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Blurr
Blurr began at the beginning.

Device: none
remove space between paragraphs-yes the box is checked

Having trouble getting rid of blank lines. I've checked the box to remove spacing between paragraphs, but I still get a blank line between each paragraph. Original file is .doc saved as .html and converted to .epub. In the original .doc and .html files the lines appear with no spacing in between them. However, when I added the .html file to calibre, it inserted spaces and subsequently put them in the .epub even though the remove spacing option is checked.

edit: I just noticed that no blank lines show up when I open the epub in sigil so maybe the file is converted correctly, it's just a problem with the viewer?

edit2: I also noticed that in some cases the viewer is not only inserting one blank line, but several between each paragraph. This may also tie into another problem where the viewer will not advance pages at a page break. It simply won't move to the next page. Again, original files are .doc saved as .html if that helps any.

Thanks

Last edited by Blurr; 12-16-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: new info
Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
Again, original files are .doc saved as .html if that helps any.
Not that this info will help but with ebooks and MS Word it is a good rule of thumb to save the file using the Web Page, Filtered (*.htm; *.html) this gets rid of most of the MS Word junk.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert