Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 03:39 AM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Well, Sony has always thought of Australia as the redheaded stepchild. Bunch of filthy criminals...
Ugh. I'll have you know I wash daily.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 AM   #17
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Well, Sony has always thought of Australia as the redheaded stepchild. Bunch of filthy criminals...
Filthy!?
You want filthy criminals, try ones that whitewash themselves - such as the ones that were sent to the Americas before the Revolution.... Have you checked your family history for convict heritage?
According to Wikipedia: "Between the late 1610s and the American Revolution, the British shipped an estimated 50,000 convicts to its American colonies. The first convicts to arrive pre-dated the arrival of the Mayflower." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia...itish_colonies http://www.dinsdoc.com/butler-1.htm

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-04-2009 at 07:46 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #18
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Have they been officially available and supported by Sony? I know here in Australia I have not been able to buy a Sony e-reader and have support here in Australia from Sony. AFAIK the Sony ebookstore is only for US (and UK I think) residence. The Kindle is in the scheme of things international compared to the Sony e-readers.
I totally agree. I have actually asked Sony Australia few times about their support for Sony e-readers, and the answer was always "there's no market here for it". My comment would be that there is a market, but there is no supply! I mean people are calling up asking to buy the product, what else do they need?
I ended up buying my iRex Iliad up in Sydney (Dymocks) just because I insisted on brick-and-mortar shop and a local support.
Mind you this was a few years back, but I am not surprised the least that the situation is still the same.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #19
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
I totally agree. I have actually asked Sony Australia few times about their support for Sony e-readers, and the answer was always "there's no market here for it". My comment would be that there is a market, but there is no supply! I mean people are calling up asking to buy the product, what else do they need?
I ended up buying my iRex Iliad up in Sydney (Dymocks) just because I insisted on brick-and-mortar shop and a local support.
Mind you this was a few years back, but I am not surprised the least that the situation is still the same.
I went to Dymocks in the Sydney city store and considered doing that. I walked out empty handed. The cost of a Iliad was atrocious.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #20
John Bailey
Connoisseur
John Bailey doesn't litterJohn Bailey doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
Sorry, not in Belguim nor in Luxemburg, only in the Netherlands.
The problem is that Sony seeks 1 partner for a whole country.
(example=belguim)
In the Netherlands (=Dutch) they are partners of Bol.com, they just sell via bol.com
In France that is Fnac (I think?)
In Belguim we have Dutch and French (and German, but they also sell in Germany...).
So logical conclusion = bol.com for the dutch-speaking part and Fnac for the French-speaking part.
+ Both companies are sending to/ operating in Belguim.

But no, Sony want one exclusive partner for Belguim.
Must have a very different policy in England then. I've seen them advertised in play.com, WH Smith, Amazon, Eclipse Computers, Borders.. All unrelated retailers. Perhaps Sony just don't have an importer or they are not as keen on accessing non English speaking markets.
John Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert