Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
release candidate 0.2-rc3

Fatal flaws were found in 0.2-rc2, so here is 0.2-rc3.

Since I'm too lazy (and sleepy) to format the changelog text for the forum, please just have a look at it over here.

As usual:
Old 10-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Dottedmag; I regret to inform you that the live version in your new 0.2-rc3 has once again reformatted my BeBook internal memory to jffs2 from fat 16 when I used (successfully) the live OI from my SD card. In order to access my internal drive afterward, XP required that I reformat it back to Fat 16. Fortunately (and thanks to the earlier guidance I received from Dave_S) I was prepared for this contingency and was able to reformat the internal drive and reload my titles from the back-up I had prepared. So, for you and your stalwart co-workers, I guess it's back to the drawing board (at least based on what I've just experienced). Good luck.
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Ah, damn. Thanks for reporting: something is screwed in build process.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
GREAT JOB! I love it! Now if I can add my own logo I'd be even happier. Is it possible to swap a different logo screen at boot-up?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
mrgoodkat
mrgoodkat began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516
Do I understand that correctly that the kernel bug that caused the Hanvon N516 to use up the battery in a day is fixed now?
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat View Post
Do I understand that correctly that the kernel bug that caused the Hanvon N516 to use up the battery in a day is fixed now?
Yes, it is.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
ArgonZ
ArgonZ began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
has anyone reported that rc3 is slow while locking and unlocking?
I've upgraded from the 20091001 version, and I noticed that when I lock the device the green led flashes for a while before proceeding. unlocking has the same efect.

Shall I format and reflash, or should I just go back to the 20091001?

Besides this side effect, the madshelf is looking good.

EDIT: Reflashed back to 20091001 version, I also noticed that there is an open ticket by dottedmag on the subject. I guess I'll have to wait for rc4.

Last edited by ArgonZ; 10-29-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
Well. for so far ... whow a face lift ... and organization is also a "little" different. Took some time to format the memory but ran. Now i've to find time to have a readers experience.
THX for the work done.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Ah, damn. Thanks for reporting: something is screwed in build process.
Dottedmag: As I earlier reported that the live version in your new 0.2-rc3 still continues to reformat my BeBook internal memory to jffs2 from fat 16, I have reluctantly decided to hold off in attempting any further trials of the live version until you or someone else in this forum reports that this glitch has been resolved, through actual trial. I really want to be able to access the dual firmwares (BeBook and OI) in my one reader, and hope that this problem can ultimately be sorted out. Many thanks.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonZ View Post
EDIT: Reflashed back to 20091001 version, I also noticed that there is an open ticket by dottedmag on the subject. I guess I'll have to wait for rc4.
This apparent slowness is now fixed. Could you try a latest snapshot and see whether it is fast or slow for you?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
sprotte
sprotte began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Hello,
I have installed rc3 on my bebook and it looks very nice. Mobi and EPub viewer seem to be working quite well. With _very_ large ebooks (~ 100 MB, many graphics), Mobi format seems to crash less often than Epup format. However, the PDF viewer seems to be quite unstable at present. Is PDF text reflow available with the current version? If it is not available, I would really appreciate if this feature was added :-)
Cheers, sprotte