Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: What is still missing in our Community?
Scripting Section (Perl, php,..) 8 18.18%
eBook Reader Software Section 8 18.18%
eBook Reader Hardware Section 0 0%
eBook Section (free, pay) 16 36.36%
Wap/I-mode/Wireless Section 6 13.64%
Something else... (see my post) 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2003, 02:48 AM   #16
Trucido
Trucido began at the beginning.

What abount starting a Ebook section since Isilo is not only a great ENews reader but an superb EBook reader!
Trucido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:01 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
The only problem that I see, when a page changes the layout,
or cancels the mobile or textonly content at all.
An up to date "broken link" section is very helpfull - it's up to us
users to keep this information active.
Check http://www.turcic.com/forums/forumdi...p?s=&forumid=5 Everyone is free to post non-working links there and we will try to fix it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So currently it looks like we will definitely add a dedicated ebook section. I was thinking of the following divisions:

eBook Section
-------------------
1. Free eBooks Links
2. Pay eBooks Links
3. eBooks (Books) Recommendation/Discussion

What do you think? Anything I should/could change or add?

BTW: To the other voters, don't worry, the poll is not over yet, and I will definitely add another popular section as well.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:11 AM   #19
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
3. eBooks (Books) Recommendation/Discussion
eBook section will be very cool...so long as we don't get people posting the actual eBook files (potential copyright problem).

By "discussion" do we mean discussion of eBook CONTENT or discussion of eBook reader software/hardware? Seems like the intent is to discuss thoughts after reading the content, more than any tech issues.

We would then, hopefully, push the discussion of iSilo vs. HandStory vs. PRP, etc. to another category...or we could add a fourth section for these hardware/software discussions relating specifically to eBook usage.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by BasilC
Anyway, congratulations, Alexander. A fine piece of work. (By the way, whereabouts in Switzerland do you live? It's our favourite holiday destiination)
I live in Zurich. Glad you like the Swiss mountains as much as I do
Advert
Old 03-28-2003, 11:47 AM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Glad to announce that the eBook Section is open!

Happy reading

The Turcic.com Team
Old 03-29-2003, 04:35 AM   #22
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
iSilo CLI

It seems we need something of a CLI (command line interface) section for iSiloXC. This is where people would post hints and tutorials on linking iSiloXC with sitescooper, cron, and other command-line tools. For those that are interested, I'm trying to compile the pdf2html code in order to be able to convert PDFs to iSilo. Almost there...

Jim
macrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 06:34 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Jim, this fits nicely into the new e-book section. Want to pin a topic there on how to convert documents from various formats (such as PDF) to iSilo/Plucker/Handstory.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:39 PM   #24
Trucido
Trucido began at the beginning.

Re: iSilo CLI

Quote:
Originally posted by macrotor
It seems we need something of a CLI (command line interface) section for iSiloXC. This is where people would post hints and tutorials on linking iSiloXC with sitescooper, cron, and other command-line tools. For those that are interested, I'm trying to compile the pdf2html code in order to be able to convert PDFs to iSilo. Almost there...

Jim
There are acually PDF2HTML converters running either as GUI or Commandline. Tried some of them but the results are never really that good. However appreciate your effort
Trucido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:11 PM   #25
fribriz
fribriz began at the beginning.

Keep up the good work with this forum.
fribriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:22 PM   #26
dillon65
Connoisseur
dillon65 began at the beginning.

Device: TX
When I first came to this world of isilo, it was a bit rough on basic knowledge. I would like to see a section for new comers how when and where. This would stop all bottle necking of grow to this particluar forum.

For example go up on brighthand, and you will understand what I mean. Humans are like sheep, and at times we tend to get lost, one sheep follows the next, and so on.

Only a suggestion, don't condem me!

dillon65
dillon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #27
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Alexander,

This forum is a great, carefully planned and delightfully helpful resource. I love my Handera 330 and iSilo and beta v 3.3.5-b2's ability to schedule conversions. And I especially like your site lists, tutorials and the like-- all so generously provided.

I do have some suggetsions for additional forums and tutorials-- I'll formulate my thoughts and write again.

Marty
archituz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 02:58 PM   #28
cbeaman
cbeaman began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T-615C
I have really enjoyed reading the posts, especially the new links. I have posted a couple of my own; I hope they've been helpful to other users.

My activity on most discussion boards is just to lurk, picking up what I can when I can. I'm not very conversant online. Perhaps the new policies will draw me out a bit -- In the past few days I've contributed more than on any board in a very long time.

As for new stuff ... Hmm .. I'm sure that once the the next version is officially released, I'll be curious about the new features (I haven't d/l'ed the beta), how to setup for auto d/l'ing my morning news, etc.

Isilo's a great program. I'm very glad I'm running it instead of Avantgo (major memory hog!). With IsiloX, I'm able to have current, up-to-date reading material available to me whenever I'm standing in line or sitting in a waiting room.

Keep up the good work. I'll keep stopping by and contributing when I can. Hopefully I can post a few more links before the next compilation.

cb
cbeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:53 PM   #29
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
yup
i'm still new to all this clipping stuff and so on...
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:54 PM   #30
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
nice to meet u guys!
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote