Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Dan23
Connoisseur
Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Paperwhite 6.8"
Problem starting calibre

Calibre blue screened while I was opening it. Only other nonbackground programs running were firefox, zoomplayer and x-chat at the time.
When I restarted my computer calibre would not start. In Task Manager calibre.exe would appear briefly and then disappear
I uninstalled calibre and renamed the directory where my books were. Then I reinstalled calibre. It still would not start.
(I had and then reinstalled calibre 0.4.9.5)
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there's an entry in the FAQ on what to do when calibre doesn't start
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Dan23
Connoisseur
Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Paperwhite 6.8"
Thanks
Run as administrator worked.
However, my current username is administrator level. How come it no longer works for my current username especially since it did so previously?
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You probably need to change the permission of the library folder and all files in it so that your user has read/write access to them
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote