Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-300 isn't showing up in ADE

My PRS-300 isn't showing up in ADE and I've formatted the internal memory and everything. How do I get it to show up in ADE so I can put my library books on it? I use only Calibre and have completely uninstalled the Reader software since Sony doesn't support it anymore. Do I have to authorize the Reader via Kobo or what do I do?

Last edited by readerlover; 11-26-2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Add additional information.
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found out that if you don't have the Reader software installed, the reader won't show up in ADE, which is ridiculous!
Advert
Old 11-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use Calibre instead for managing your eBooks. The 300 will show up just fine and you'll have a lot more options such as having the collections created for you and the eBooks stored in the collections all done very neatly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
readerlover
Connoisseur

I do use Calibre for managing my ebooks. I need ADE for the library books which requires the Sony Software to be installed.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
I do use Calibre for managing my ebooks. I need ADE for the library books which requires the Sony Software to be installed.
Drag the library eBooks into Calibre and use Calibre to move them to the 300. When you finish with the library books, delete them from the 300, Calibre, and ADE.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Drag the library eBooks into Calibre and use Calibre to move them to the 300. When you finish with the library books, delete them from the 300, Calibre, and ADE.
That would be good advice... except it seems from the OP that the reader is not yet authorized with the Adobe ID.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
readerlover
Connoisseur

How do I go about authorizing the Reader with the Adobe ID?
Old 11-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
How do I go about authorizing the Reader with the Adobe ID?
Dunno, I've never had one.

Can you do it if you reinstall Sony Reader?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
readerlover
Connoisseur

I have the software installed, if that's what you're asking.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #10
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I was having the same problem with my T1. This is what fixed it for me - uninstall the Reader for PC and download and install a fresh copy from Sony Support. Be sure your reader is plugged directly into your computer and not in a USB hub.

I hope this works for you, too.

Edited to add: If your computer is authorized in ADE, the Reader for PC software will automatically authorize your reader to the same account. Click on the 'i' in the upper right corner and wait a couple of minutes.

Last edited by khalleron; 12-01-2014 at 05:58 PM.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #11
readerlover
Connoisseur

Which program has the 'i'? I can't find it in the Reader Library and I've downloaded the one from Sony Support and installed it and also have ADE installed. Help!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #12
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Reader for PC (NOT Reader Library), the 'i' is in the upper right hand corner in a blue circle. Be sure you're using the latest software.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
readerlover
Connoisseur

The only download available is the Reader Library. What do I do?
Old 12-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #14
khalleron
Kate

What is your operating system? I'm on Windows 7 and I see Reader for PC AND Reader Library. Windows XP is the only one where Reader for PC does not show up.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...3#/downloadTab
Old 12-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #15
readerlover
Connoisseur

Windows XP of course. Thanks for the help Kate!