Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 02:21 AM   #61
chanfm
Enthusiast
chanfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle PW3
Kindle Keyboard when I travel but Kindle PaperWhite 2 at home.

I hope to get a Kobo Aura soon.
chanfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #62
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
At the moment I'm not using an ereader, I'm using my computer: a Lenovo ThinkPad
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #63
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanfm View Post
Kindle Keyboard when I travel but Kindle PaperWhite 2 at home.
Swapping those around would possibly be more logical. The KPW is more suited to changing circumstances and is smaller.

The only reason why I might not take it out instead of a KK is if I'd be afraid of losing or damaging it.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #64
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
At the moment I'm not using an ereader, I'm using my computer: a Lenovo ThinkPad
Sorry, couldn't resist considering the title of the thread.
The answer you're looking for is my Kindle Paperwhite 2, which I'm totally in love with.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #65
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Kindle Paperwhite 2. Gifted my old reader away and as much as I like the size and look of my Sony 350, I've started just taking the PW out with me because its so much nicer to read on.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #66
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Right now, I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S4 but hopefully, soon, I'll be using a K4 NT (anxiously awaiting its arrival in the mail).
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #67
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist considering the title of the thread.
The thread's title is ambiguous. I'll update my answer to interpretation #1 as well as answer interpretation #2.
  1. Which ereader do I use?
    AWAY FROM HOME: NOOK HD (preferred), whatever computer's handy (second choice), or Samsung Galaxy S4 (in a pinch).
    AT HOME: Whatever computer I happen to be sitting at, or NOOK HD.
  2. Which ereader am I using this very moment?
    HP Pavilion Entertainment PC laptop

Last edited by Froide; 07-07-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #68
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Kindle DXG.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #69
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Kindle Paperwhite 1 most of the time and mini iPad. I also have an iPad 2 used for software manuals and sewing machine manuals.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #70
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I'm currently transitioning from a Kindle 3/Keyboard to a Dell Venue 8 Pro (Win 8.1).

Over the eons (read: about 16 years) I've mainly used portable devices to read ebooks and the collection of devices has included just about every major type of display. Several have had no built-in illumination (K3/KK, Clie T615, & HP 320 LX) but the devices that I've preferred all did/do. So far, I prefer the DV8p to my K3/KK, though my wife Kindle PW is a very close second.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #71
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I have a Sony PRS-300 and I absolutely love it as it still has buttons and not a touchscreen like the newer eReaders have!
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #72
VeggieCat
Bacon Enthusiast
VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10, Kindle Voyage, iPod Nano 7th gen (for audiobooks)
Kindle Fire HDX 7. I don't leave the house without it.

Last edited by VeggieCat; 07-07-2014 at 12:14 AM.
VeggieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:46 AM   #73
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
BeBook Mini on the road, T68 on longer trips and daylight reading, Asus VivoTab Note 8 for nighttime reading. Nokia Lumia 920 in a pinch.

The Asus and BeBook are with me at all times.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 AM   #74
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I use a Kobo Glo and I love it.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:16 AM   #75
chanfm
Enthusiast
chanfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Swapping those around would possibly be more logical. The KPW is more suited to changing circumstances and is smaller.

The only reason why I might not take it out instead of a KK is if I'd be afraid of losing or damaging it.

Yes, you are right. I am hoping that there will be a sale of PaperWhite so that I can get another one - I just love it. Or is that being too hopeful?

I have found a sale of Kobo Aura, though.
chanfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader