Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I prefer Moleskin's solution (which Dodo cases offer for rather too much money) of using an elastic band to close the case. The addition of an orange band for a black case like mine would also make it appear less bland.

People who like the Poetic Slimline will find confirmation here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrEMwOxIyo

I find it interesting that companies are starting to use fewer and less powerful magnets for cases. Are manufacturers are being cheap, or is there some other issue with powerful magnets in close proximity to smartphones, e-readers and tablets?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

I don't know if you could even find this Case Logic travel case anymore, but it is excellent for packing a small tablet or eReader in luggage. It came with a Sony PRS-900 (I think) in a kit they sold a few years ago. I long since got rid of the Sony reader but I'm sure glad I kept this case. You will notice from the photos that I modified the interior for a larger tablet, I think it was the Kindle Fire HD. But unmodified the case is just the right size to hold the Nexus 7.2 even when it is in the Poetic Revolution case.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the model number is on this case, but I've seen them periodically on eBay. The case is semi-rigid with lots of padding and soft interior.

ETA: After researching I found it is the Case Logic PRSAZC9 Zipper EVA Case and I found them on Amazon and eBay for under $10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Case-Logic-1.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	115638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case-Logic-2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	115639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case-Logic-3.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	115640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case-Logic-4.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	115641  

Last edited by jswinden; 11-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
That might be the best customer service on record -- you didn't complain or even ask for a replacement. Who was the seller?
Smart Shop Online via Amazon but I want to say the "replacement" case came directly from the mfg. I wish I would have kept the letter that came with it.

I just compared the 2 cases I have. In both cases the tablet snaps in firmly, it takes a little effort to pop it free. But I like version 1 (3 magnets) better. The cover is much stickier to close as are the magnets when I flip it back on itself as a stand. Sleep/wake up works fine with both versions.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I have two cases.

This one has both a portrait and landscape stand. I got one for me and one for my hubby, but mine was defective. The sleep and wake function didn't work and I left a bad review on Amazon and the seller contacted me and sent me a new one. rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Tablet Origami SlimShell Folio Case Cover - Purple (Updated Sleep / Wake Feature)

I also have the MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case PURPLE (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature).

I am just using the roo case now because I like the portrait stand while I eat lunch at work. They both are pretty good though - and they both come in purple!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post

I am just using the roo case now because I like the portrait stand while I eat lunch at work. They both are pretty good though - and they both come in purple!
Yay! I've added the first one to my wishlist. Can't justify buying a second case on top of everything else at the moment.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just ordered this Hard Sleeve for the trip. Had to pay for 1 day shipping which was 3.99 with Prime but not bad. I hope it works!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #22
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
This is the one I purchased recently.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360727470...84.m1439.l2649

When I purchased my Nexus 7.2, I purchased the STM case for it based on the excellent STM case I use on my iPad2. This STM case is a poor substitute.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just ordered this Hard Sleeve for the trip. Had to pay for 1 day shipping which was 3.99 with Prime but not bad. I hope it works!
Looks nice with the same material as my old Case logic. It looks like it is big enough to hold the Nexus 7.2 while it has a slim case on. I used my Case Logic to carry my Fire HD in luggage last year when I flew to Washington, DC. It worked well and protected the device. I'm using it again this week when I again fly to Washington, DC for Thanksgiving with family.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #24
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Let us know whether your Poetic case fits inside the Hard Sleeve. The copy on the product page talks about its "form-fitting" design, which sounds a wee Hank tight for Matryoshka caseplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady
"Sadly, the Roocase doesn't come in orange," Orange Gentleman ululated.

Doesn't the MoKu have a cover that folds into a landscape stand as well? Nearly all of the Chinese ultra-slim cases do, hence the covers' tripartite divisions which are meant to be folded.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-24-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Something else to consider re cases for the N7.2:

Do your cases allow for wireless charging?

I have the Samsung Qi charger at work and my N7.2 does charge through the Nillkin case, but the process seems to take longer and you have to be careful to place the tablet on the charger just so. I'd rather minimize the amount of times I have to remove the tablet from its case, since the molded parts can become less resilient over time if you're constantly bending them the wrong way. I found that out with the official case for my PRS-350.

I've been meaning to get a second charger for home -- possibly the flat Nokia sold at physical AT&T stores for $20 and change, which is said to work well with the N7.2.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-24-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Let us know whether your Poetic case fits inside the Hard Sleeve. The copy on the product page talks about its "form-fitting" design, which sounds a wee Hank tight for Matryoshka caseplay.

"Sadly, the Roocase doesn't come in orange," Orange Gentleman ululated.

Doesn't the MoKu have a cover that folds into a landscape stand as well? Nearly all of the Chinese ultra-slim cases do, hence the covers' tripartite divisions which are meant to be folded.
The Moku does have a landscape stand, but I prefer portrait. The Moku landscape stand works better than the Poetic landscape too - the magnets on the Moku keep the cover folded, but the Poetic doesn't.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Something else to consider re cases for the N7.2:

Do your cases allow for wireless charging?

I have the Samsung Qi charger at work and my N7.2 does charge through the Nillkin case, but the process seems to take longer and you have to be careful to place the tablet on the charger just so. I'd rather minimize the amount of times I have to remove the tablet from its case, since the molded parts can become less resilient over time if you're constantly bending them the wrong way. I found that out with the official case for my PRS-350.

I've been meaning to get a second charger for home -- possibly the flat Nokia sold at physical AT&T stores for $20 and change, which is said to work well with the N7.2.
The Poetic Slimline works fine with my RavPower Qi charger.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

I have this case here It's okay but it Auto On/Off doesn't seem to work well and the left bottom corner doesn't seem to fit as snugly as it should. The HDX version is well made so I thought this one would be too.
I have the same case and it works fine. I actually have 2 of them. Some people reported having problems and the company replaced them for everyone. Both work just fine. It must have been for early purchasers since you didn't receive a replacement.

Quote:
Dear Poetic Customers,

Thank you for ordering Poetic Slimline Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen. If you have anything being disappointed by our product or by our Service, please report back on this email.

We have noticed below two problems on our Product review:
1. Fold back the cover cause the tablet Sleep

Solution: that is not normal , contact us back by replying to this email , we will send replacement right away to take care the issue.

2. Sleep/wake function is not working 100% while waking up the machine .
Solution: first try to turn on Wifi and Bluetooth on the tablet to see if improves. If not, we can send another one to test out to see work better. The sleep/wake function is like that on the Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen.

If any customers have rated negative comment on the product review, we will appreciate revision after we send out replacement and test working perfectly without problem.

Have a great labor day weekend !!

Best Regards,

Customer Service Satisfaction Team
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I have the same case and it works fine. I actually have 2 of them. Some people reported having problems and the company replaced them for everyone. Both work just fine. It must have been for early purchasers since you didn't receive a replacement.
This reminds me that I need to leave Bluetooth on for the covers to work correctly. At home they always turn on when opening the case, but at work where there's no wifi they didn't turn on. It's an Android problem, not the cover. I found this solution on xda.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I just bought it so there is no need for a replacement. It's the latest version. I also bought it from a unauthorized seller due to the way Amazon works. If one seller sells out they use another one without you knowing.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote