Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
CypressTiger
CypressTiger began at the beginning.

Device: Paper, Cybook Odyssey
Wingdings???

I have been having problems with my cybook odyssey lately. Was bug free for a year so of course this happens one month past the manufacturer's warranty!

It reboots on its own, the battery isn't working well and the problems have been escalating.

Today was terrible. I went through six reboots without touching a single button. Yup. Six.

When it finally booted to the main page everything was in wingdings! I couldn't read a single thing in the menus or the book titles. BUT: the non-DRM books displayed fine once opened.

I can't explain it! Does anyone know what to do? I'm a novice with computers.

Failing that, could someone give me a list of menus so I know the order? (a big task I know!) I can just carry a physical list of my books if need be.
CypressTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Here's a link that directly downloads a Cybook Odyssey User's Manual in PDF format:

http://www.mff.cuni.cz/fakulta/lib/pdf/Cybook_navod.pdf

Save it after it downloads. It's 40 pages, approximately 5.8 MB.

Don't know if it will help ... I know ZERO about the Cybook Odyssey. The name sounds like it should be the title of a SF movie.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Locks like the cybook display the book "raw" without decrypting. (for drm books) That sure is weird.

Maybe you should contact bookeen, they can probably give some help there (problem don't seam to be hardware)

I would go for the hard but should effective way :
Copy all to books to pc
Format cybook memory (as FAT 32)
Enter all settings again (including adobe account).
copy books back to cybook.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
CypressTiger
CypressTiger began at the beginning.

Device: Paper, Cybook Odyssey
Thumbs up

FIXED IT! I plugged my Odyssey into my computer and re-formatted.

Just turned it back on and it's working just fine! It's as if it was just started for the first time.

I only had a few DRM files on the Odyssey itself, the rest are on a MicroSD card so it was a fast and easy fix (I took the SD out first.)

I just wanted to say:

Last edited by CypressTiger; 09-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.
CypressTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Nice
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert