Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
kimicocopop
kimicocopop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch, kindle fire, possibly Kobo Arc
battery indicator problem

Hi, I'm having a problem with the battery indicator on my Arc. It shows it's always full. It never shows that I'm using any battery power & never gives any warnings that it's down to X%. It just shuts off when I'm out of juice.

This problem just started within the last week. If I go to settings & check my battery there it will show how much has discharged & how many hours I've been using it. So in this way I can still see the battery life. But It's just not showing up on the little battery indicator anymore.

I would rather avoid doing a factory reset if I can as it will be a big job finding all the things I've pinned over again. Anyone have this problem & have a suggestion on how to fix it?
kimicocopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Have you tried restarting it.I just received the repaired update for the arc. If you haven't , wait for it and see if that sorts it. If you have then a reset may be your only way
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Seems everyone has different battery problems. For me, every couple of days it'll give a low beep and the battery indicator'll go red with a battery low popup when I try to power down at the end of the day. Eventually it manages to turn itself off and will, of course, boot fine the next day with the battery indicator where it was the night before (usually around 80%) prior to trying to shut down.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
kimicocopop
kimicocopop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch, kindle fire, possibly Kobo Arc
Yea I've tried doing a full shut down and I have received the new update. My battery was charging when I updated so I won't know until later if the battery indicator has started working riht again. That would be great if it solves tha problem. I love my Arc and don't want to send it away or reset it and lose all my pins.
kimicocopop is offline   Reply With Quote