Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Percentage Read

I have looked and seen there is a plugin for kindle devices to fetch such information but my question is a bit different.

I was wondering if in the reader it might be possible to add to the current fullscreen setting to show reading position. Would it be possible to change that up a bit and display as how much youve read? I dont know all the specifics but it would "seem" simple 22.9 of 525 for example would be 4.3% or 4.4% depending how you round. Its a tiny thing but it would be nice in my opinion. This information could maybe be used in making columns to see whats been read etc. Just for clarity i'm not talking about sending to devices etc. Just the built in reader.

Thanks for reading, for the great program and for adding the number of deleted items.

Last edited by ParadiseLost; 04-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Percentages only tell you where you are not how big the book is, for example being 10% through a 1000 page book and a 100 page book are very different. As such, they are not as useful as the current display.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert