Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #301
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
It could be that the other user was trying to convert the KCC-generated file once put into Calibre? I could see that potentially corrupting the file. I don't touch the file once I add it (other than renaming it), just send it on to the device.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #302
moretap
moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KPW 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I need feedback. Anybody here with PW1/PW2 tried to upload files made by KCC using Calibre? It is working?
Works fine.
I haven't gotten them to work with "Send to Kindle"
And for me, using Calibre to convert it made a non-zoomed in image based mobi (with the location and % at the bottom), not a corrupted one.

Last edited by moretap; 11-03-2013 at 12:55 AM.
moretap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 02:29 AM   #303
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
@7hir7een - Yes. Obviously.

So as long Calibre don't touch KCC MOBIs with any converter everything is OK. @moretap I count your case as corruption. Maybe it not crash on load but it still broken.

Send to Kindle will never work. Because from Amazon point of view MOBI created by KCC is corrupted one :-)

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-03-2013 at 02:45 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #304
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anybody here use KCC on OSX older than 10.8?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #305
Sorenant
Sorenant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My my, I had the 3.0 and thought that was enough then I see all the upgrades made up to 3.5 and I'm astonished. And to think that when I first got my hand on Kindle PW I had to do all the resizing and convertions manually through cmd...

Good work, AcidWeb, You are my hero.

By the way, I'm not sure which PW version is mine but I don't use Calibre nor OSX so I can't help you, sorry... BUT it works wonder on windows.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #306
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

You're welcome.

I'm starting to think that after all PW specific modifications and upgrades I made it is time to buy one :-D

@Sorenant - Already tested everything I needed.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-06-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #307
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Nevermind.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-10-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #308
Napkin
Napkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi there,

I am trying to convert a few cbr files (also tried extracted) and KCC's result is a bit broken:
Nothing wrong with the images itself but for some reason in the resulting mobi file the 13th image was taken as cover. Page 2 contains the original cover/first image. Page 3 is a blank. Page 4 is the second original page/image. Page 5 is blank. And so on.

I cloned from github today - so I think I'm using the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Anything I can do to help? Thanks!
Napkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #309
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

HEAD version can be unstable.

Please upload one of that CBZ files and send me link in PM. Please include exactly what settings you used during conversion. I need to check it.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #310
Napkin
Napkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thank you very much for your help, AcidWeb!

Calibre's ebook viewer seems not to be able to show the mobi created by kcc properly. It works fine on the Kindle - if you manage to upload the right file ;-)
Napkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #311
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Yep, it has been reported in the README

Quote:
Don't use Calibre reader to preview files created by KCC. It can't parse them correctly.
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #312
stexyn
stexyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Downloaded last binary osx but it doesn't open...
stexyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #313
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stexyn View Post
Downloaded last binary osx but it doesn't open...
Current build work only on 10.8+.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #314
stexyn
stexyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Really? The previous version, I think 3.4, worked well on my Osx 10.7.5
Is there any way to have the previous version please?
Thank you
stexyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #315
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

We currently don't have any environment that can build 10.6/10.7 version.

I send you PM with link to 3.4 release.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools