Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #136
sp313
sp313 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
There appears to be a bug in tab2opf.py that adds empty idx:key tags, but even if you remove them and compile the dictionary with Mobipocket Creator or Kindlegen, it won't work with eInk Kindles.
Since the dictionary does work with Mobipocket Reader, Amazon most likely introduced a Koran dictionary bug in the Paperwhite firmware.
Please find attached the source files and the converted dictionary, which does not work with Kindles. (It displays the same random word no matter which word you look up.)
Thanks a lot for the explanation. Do you think it would be worth reporting this bug to Amazon, if there is nothing at all that can be done about it as a user?
sp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #137
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp313 View Post
Do you think it would be worth reporting this bug to Amazon, if there is nothing at all that can be done about it as a user?
It certainly couldn't hurt to report this.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #138
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is there any way to convert dictionary created with mobipocket to epub for example? I have created some dictionaries but I can not convert them with calibre to epub. They goes to 67% and calibre crushes. What is the problem?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:59 AM   #139
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
Is there any way to convert dictionary created with mobipocket to epub for example? I have created some dictionaries but I can not convert them with calibre to epub. They goes to 67% and calibre crushes. What is the problem?
Try Unpacking the dictionary with KindleUnpack or the Calibre KindleUnpack plug-in. (You'll then have to re-create the ePub from scratch using the source files generated by KindleUnpack.)
Old 04-10-2015, 01:43 AM   #140
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Thank you very much!
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #141
trloha
trloha began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Hey all, I tried doing this for a Vietnamese dictionary and it's having trouble with some characters like đ Đ ụ ư ă and i'm sure a bunch of others. Any thoughts? I tried adding -utf to the script but it didn't work.
trloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:32 AM   #142
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trloha View Post
Hey all, I tried doing this for a Vietnamese dictionary and it's having trouble with some characters like đ Đ ụ ư ă and i'm sure a bunch of others. Any thoughts? I tried adding -utf to the script but it didn't work.
IIRC, the tab-delimited source file needs to be saved as a UTF-8 file. To ensure the correct encoding open it with Windows Notepad and save it as a UTF-8 file.
If you don't have a Window machine, save it as a UTF-8 file with a BOM.

Last edited by Doitsu; 08-11-2015 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:41 AM   #143
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Who can create a dictionary from Turkish - Dutch and Dutch - Turkish to use it in Coolreader? just i must have the .idx files etc..
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:03 AM   #144
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Who can create a dictionary from Turkish - Dutch and Dutch - Turkish to use it in Coolreader? just i must have the .idx files etc..
You'll need to find tab-delimited Turkish<=>Dutch word lists or .bgl Babylon dictionaries. Once you've found them you can convert them with StarDict editor or PyGlossary to StarDict dictionaries.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:53 AM   #145
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You'll need to find tab-delimited Turkish<=>Dutch word lists or .bgl Babylon dictionaries. Once you've found them you can convert them with StarDict editor or PyGlossary to StarDict dictionaries.
Hello Doitsu,

Thx for you reply,

I have looked to the website of Babylon but the dictionary is not to found.

What do you mean tab-delimited?
Old 09-18-2015, 04:31 AM   #146
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have looked to the website of Babylon but the dictionary is not to found.
How about this Babylon BGL dictionary:

ADO'S WOORDENBOEK TURKS-NEDERLANDS

Quote:
What do you mean tab-delimited?
Tab-separated values.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:40 AM   #147
anki
Connoisseur

Quote:
How about this Babylon BGL dictionary:

ADO'S WOORDENBOEK TURKS-NEDERLANDS

Tab-separated values.

Thank you you for your answer Doitsu!

I have downloaded your BGL file. I'cant install the stardict editor to convert the dictionary. Maybe anyone have already installed the stardust editor succesfully, can you please convert that to use in cool reader?
Old 09-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #148
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
@anki
Using Babylon-based dictionaries on your Kindle

Steps to convert .bgl -> StarDict:
1. Launch stardict-editor 3.0.1.
2. Press "Browse" and choose your .BGL file.
3. Select "BGL file" on the bottom left of the window.
4. Press "Build" next to it. File with the same base name, but with a .babylon extension will be created.
5. Press "Browse" and choose the file with the same base name, but with a .babylon extension.
6. Select "Babylon file" on the bottom left of the window.
7. Press "Build" next to it and get StarDict files with .dict, .idx, and .ifo extensions.

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 09-26-2015 at 01:36 AM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #149
Zylbath
Zylbath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello, I am totally happy to have found this thread. Finally I could make some dictionaries for some languages that didn't exist as dictionaries in the Kindle shop.
But I need your help with another one. I want to generate a dictionary (Actually 4: Greenlandic-English and Greenlandic-Danish, both each in old and new orthography) for Greenlandic. I have a dictionary as a excelfile and converted it into a tab .txt file and I tried everything to convert it into a dictionary for the Kindle with this guide: Create your own kindle dictionary for every language for free
You have already shared this in this thread quite often. And it worked for a Danish dictionary. But not for this one. Whenever I execute the text file with tab2opf.exe it just creates a html-file but not a .opf file. It is just a text document, how can it work with any other tab .txt but not with this one?

Then I tried it with this guide: Using babylon based dictionaries
I tried to import the txt to the Mobipocket Creator, which worked and have gone through with everything and sent it to my Kindle, but it will be just displayed as an ordinary e-book, with all the content, but not as a dictionary.
I've been trying since three hours now, but I just won't succeed in it... I tried several other things like creating a opf file with Mobireader Creator and then change it according to the first page I shared, and then convert it with mobigen.exe to a mobi file, but again it is just a ordinary e-book on the Kindle, not a dictionary.
Can someone help me?
I also uploaded the tab .txt file that I want to convert into a dictionary. Maybe someone has the time and motivation to convert it for me or can help me so I can convert it. (I can't upload excel files?)
Thanks and best regards,
Kevin
Attached Files
File Type: txt Greenlandic_English.txt (955.5 KB, 2831 views)
Zylbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #150
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylbath View Post
I have a dictionary as a excelfile and converted it into a tab .txt file [...] how can it work with any other tab .txt but not with this one?
Because it's not a tab-delimited text file. (There are spaces between the entries.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylbath View Post
(I can't upload excel files?)
You can attach them, if you add them to a .zip archive.

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools