Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
New EE owner here with questions

Since several of you have convinced me that I NEED an EE to complement my PE, I bought a used one. It arrived today and I am very pleased. Although I have Ermine installed on my PE, the EE came with Dingo and I am trying to decide if I should update it. From other posts that I have read, I am thinking that most of you would say that the update even with its problems(green screen, no hibernate...)is still an improvement. So my question to all of you is, what do I gain by updating?

Last edited by ilovegadgets; 08-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I upgraded my EE to Ermine when it first appeared from Entourage and have never felt the need to revert to Dingo (the green pictures are only with stills, video is OK and it's just as easy to switch off instead of hibernation and you might have one of those that does hibernate and restart without problems).

The main advantage of upgrading is that you will have Android v2.2 not v1.6. OK, it is a modified form of 2.2 to allow the use of the e-ink screen and its integration with the LCD screen and some apps.

It is now so long ago that I have forgot what Dingo was like apart from a memory of frustration with trying to install some apps I needed for work - that frustration went away with the upgrade to 2.2 because the apps installed and have been working ever since without any problems.

The only advice I can offer is to do the upgrade and see if you like it. If you don't then it is a simple matter of reverting to Dingo.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

I downloaded the upgrade last night, but hesitated about putting it on my EE because right now I am just using the EE for reading and light web surfing. I have been amazed at how well it performs web surfing. The wireless radio actually seems to be stronger than my iPad's. A concern that I have had about upgrading is that people had complained about frequent crashing when using the stock web browser. Have you had that problem?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur

Ivan, I did the update since I very much value your opinion and you recommended it. I already am very happy with the update. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Now you have upgraded, the only thing I can say is just be careful what apps you install and be prepared to uninstall any that cause instability.

To that end install one app at a time and use it before you try the next app.

Now just enjoy what you have.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur

I don't really care about having a lot of apps on it. That is part of the reason I was hesitating about updating it. I plan to read, do light web surfing and use the e-ink journal for notes. Thanks for all of the help that provide on this forum.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
It is now so long ago that I have forgot what Dingo was like
Same here. I did have the green camera issue, but nothing else that really bothered me about the update. I remember that the machine just seemed a lot faster/zippier after updating. Glad you're happy with the update!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Same here. I did have the green camera issue, but nothing else that really bothered me about the update. I remember that the machine just seemed a lot faster/zippier after updating. Glad you're happy with the update!
Wow, Sarah, long time no see!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congratulations, ilovegadgets! You now own the best ereader available, in my opinion! Hope you will enjoy yours as much as I continue to enjoy mine.

And hello Sarah!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Congratulations, ilovegadgets! You now own the best ereader available, in my opinion! Hope you will enjoy yours as much as I continue to enjoy mine.

And hello Sarah!
Thanks. All of you seem to enjoy yours so much, that I had to get one. SO far I love it and see why you all love yours so much.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I find I don't have as much to contribute anymore, but I see every new thread in my RSS feed and will still chime in from time to time if I think I have something worth sharing.

I like seeing new EE owners, and for sure want them to feel comfortable updating to Ermine!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Well, nice to know you're still there!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I find I don't have as much to contribute anymore, but I see every new thread in my RSS feed and will still chime in from time to time if I think I have something worth sharing.

I like seeing new EE owners, and for sure want them to feel comfortable updating to Ermine!
Hi Sarah! I peek in once in a while too, but I feel the same way. It's nice to "see" you!
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Another original user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyenneDonna View Post
Hi Sarah! I peek in once in a while too, but I feel the same way. It's nice to "see" you!

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 09-04-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #15
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

The gang's all here!