Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #31
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
The point is: If you do not need to pan and zoom on paper (it is impossible anyway), you do not need it in M92 (if you are satisfied with direct replacement for paper functionality).

And so, recent functionality of M92 concerning scribling is satisfactory, if one does not expect better functionality than obtained by means of A5 sheet of paper and ball-pen.
zooming is supposed to compensate the lack of choices you have for finer per tips.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #32
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes, that is why I wrote ball-pen. It does not have fine tip. It is almost comparable to M92 stylus.

Anyway, you are right that M92 is mainly the device for reading documents.

Web or sketching are suplementar features and as such should be taken.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #33
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Yes, that is why I wrote ball-pen. It does not have fine tip. It is almost comparable to M92 stylus.

Anyway, you are right that M92 is mainly the device for reading documents.

Web or sketching are suplementar features and as such should be taken.
My mistake too, the topic says "scribbling app" not sketching
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
New release! Multiple files should be usable now, at least a bit ;-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip scribble.zip (110.2 KB, 272 views)
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #35
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I tried cloning your git and building it for ARM, but it says, it needs QWebHistory. So I added "webkit" to first line of scribbles.pro. This fixed that error. But now I'm getting:

Code:
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.4.4/../../../../arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lonyx_touch
What does that mean? It means you have to read the _whole_ wiki page about M92 Software Development Just copy build/x86/libs/libonyx* files from booxsdk to /usr/local/lib/ ...

But now I'm getting the following when trying to ./build_x86.sh:
Code:
In file included from ../../scribble.cpp:23:0:
/opt/onyx/arm/include/onyx/application.h:20:18: Warnung: unbenutzter Parameter »argc« [-Wunused-parameter]
/opt/onyx/arm/include/onyx/application.h:20:18: Warnung: unbenutzter Parameter »argv« [-Wunused-parameter]
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h: Assembler messages:
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %al,%bpl,[%rbx]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %al,%bpl,[%rbx]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %cl,%dl,[%rbx]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %al,%bl,[%rbp]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %sil,%al,[%rdx]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %al,%bl,[%rbp]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %sil,%al,[%rdx]'
/opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %cl,%al,[%rdx]'
EDIT: Unfortunately, I have no experience with cross compiling. Can you explain to me, why we need to compile for x86 _and_ for arm even though our target device runs on arm only?

Last edited by tuxor; 03-09-2012 at 06:30 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #36
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
I tried cloning your git and building it for ARM, but it says, it needs QWebHistory. So I added "webkit" to first line of scribbles.pro. This fixed that error. But now I'm getting:

Code:
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.4.4/../../../../arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lonyx_touch
What does that mean?
You can remove the dependency on onyx_touch in scribble.pro. Strangely, it worked on my machine because the linker used the onyx_touch library compiled for x86 when linking an arm binary...
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #37
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Ah, didn't see your reply, so made some changes to my post. Sorry for that I got another problem with build_x86.sh now, see above.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #38
peterx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Ah, didn't see your reply, so made some changes to my post. Sorry for that I got another problem with build_x86.sh now, see above.
Your system uses the arm Qt environment. Please see here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=31

Though I am not sure how to correct this.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #39
tuxor
Addict

If I rename /opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h, g++ looks for this header file in /usr/include/ and finds it there. But then it says:
Code:
/usr/include/QtCore/qatomic_armv5.h: Assembler messages:
/usr/include/QtCore/qatomic_armv5.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %al,%bpl,[%rbx]'
/usr/include/QtCore/qatomic_armv5.h:131: Error: no such instruction: `swpb %al,%bpl,[%rbx]'
[and so on...]
I don't understand what this whole message means. Do you think g++ shouldn't use any *_arm.h-files at all?

User kodomo in the linked thread says, he simply made a fresh checkout and built the booxsdk again with build:static instead of build:x86/arm:static - but that didn't work for me?!

EDIT: Oh by the way, I'm running this on a 64bit Fedora machine. It would be realy good to know, why we need the build for x86 at all, since our M92 runs on ARM anyways

Last edited by tuxor; 03-09-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #40
peterx
Connoisseur

Quote:
If I rename /opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qatomic_arm.h, g++ looks for this header file in /usr/include/ and finds it there. But then it says:
Code:
/usr/include/QtCore/qatomic_armv5.h: Assembler messages:
[and so on...]
I don't understand what this whole message means. Do you think g++ shouldn't use any *_arm.h-files at all?

User kodomo in the linked thread says, he simply made a fresh checkout and built the booxsdk again with build:static instead of build:x86/arm:static - but that didn't work for me?!

EDIT: Oh by the way, I'm running this on a 64bit Fedora machine. It would be realy good to know, why we need the build for x86 at all, since our M92 runs on ARM anyways
g++ for x86 should not use any arm files. When building the scribbling application for the M92 you do not need the x86 sdk. It was an error to include the x86 onyx_touch library. The script build_x86.sh is for testing the application on you host machine. If you want that, please try a fresh checkout of the scribbling application and try to build it. It could be that there are some makefiles or environment variables around that need to be deleted.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #41
tuxor
Addict

Thank you very much! It would actually be cool to be able to run the app on my machine for testing before transfering it to the M92. But okay, for now I will have to live with the error since I don't see a way around it.

EDIT: I tried to work around it by replacing qatomic_arm.h with qatomic_i386.h which actually eliminates the above error. But now I'm getting: http://pastebin.com/WJH1dgGh ... No luck today, I give up.

Last edited by tuxor; 03-09-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #42
tuxor
Addict

Just one more question: Should I rather use qt4 or qt3? Because apparently your script wants to run "qmake", but on Fedora there's only either qmake-qt4 or qmake-qt3!

By the way, the reason why it's always using qatomic_arm.h is an entry in /opt/onyx/arm/include/QtCore/qconfig.h saying:
Code:
#ifndef QT_BOOTSTRAPPED
# define QT_ARCH_ARM
#else
# define QT_ARCH_I386
#endif
And this QT_BOOTSTRAPPED is defined nowhere (I made a recursive search through all non-binary files in /opt/onyx/ and in the opensdk-git!). I guess it should be defined anywhere inside of /opt/onyx/arm/mkspecs/, but I can't find, where it would fit logically. Can you maybe do a recursive search through your files, where this QT_BOOTSTRAPPED appears and makes the difference?

Last edited by tuxor; 03-09-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #43
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

It's great if developers are looking into programming tools for the M92. But is this specific app worth it, since there was this great tip to use an empty PDF with blank pages as scribbling app?

Last edited by Defenderland; 03-09-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
tuxor
Addict

I think there are at least two things, that make this alternative scribble app very valueable: at first we have xournal compatibility. That's awesome, since you can not only _add_ things to your existing scribbles on a computer, but also _edit_ what you scribbled on your M92.
But the other thing is: we now have some kind of sandbox to play with the general scribbling ability of the M92. Since we don't have source code access to Onyx' "official" scribbling app, we can't use that official one to try out things like implementing anti-aliased brushes, different colors, special drawing tools for straight lines, rectangles, circles, polygons or even complex paths, furthermore possibility to Undo/redo or maybe even pen pressure sensitivity. All this sounds really promising I think, since Onyx won't put too much effort into these things, that are not part of the concept of a "reader".
Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #45
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
to try out things like implementing anti-aliased brushes, different colors,
I afraid this wouldn't work, only black and white screen update is reasonably fast.

peterx, if I try to open file and then change my mind and close file explorer dialog scribble app will stop drawing. The following patch should fix it:
Spoiler:

Code:
@@ -236,9 +236,8 @@ void MainWidget::open()

FileBrowser fileBrowser(this);
     QString path = fileBrowser.showLoadFile(currentFile.fileName());
-    if (path.isEmpty())
-        return;
-    loadFile(QFile(path));
+    if (!path.isEmpty())
+       loadFile(QFile(path));

touchActive = true;
 }
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote