Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Calibre 0.7.32 - Plugins not working after installation?

Hi,

I just installed 0.7.32 and added the "Search The Internet" and "Hello World" plugins as described in the forum (and in the "customizing calibre" part of the developer documentation).

In the plugins overview ("calibre - Preferences - Plugins - User Interface Action Plugins"), I can see that the "Search The Internet" plugin in version 1.1.0 is installed. Also, I can see in my %APPDATA%\calibre\plugins directory the zip file for the two plugins ("Hello World Plugin.zip" and "Search The Internet.zip").

Nevertheless, neither the ctrl-shift-H for the demo plugin nor the search plugin work, for the search plugin, I can't even see the menu entries it should have added.

Anyone any idea how I can debug any issues I might have here?

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Did you carefully read the instructions in the first post of the GUI plugins thread. Installing a plugin will never add it to your menus, that is a manual step you have to do yourself after restarting Calibre.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Sorry, problem is solved.

I missed step 6 in the main documentation about "By default the new plugin will not appear in any menus or toolbars. To add it to any of these you must go to Preferences->Interface->Customise the toolbar."

Sorry for not really double-checking that I have followed all the steps

Last edited by hakan42; 12-05-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: kiwidude posted the solution at the same time I found it :o
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugins