Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #316
just_in
just_in began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thumbs up

Can I get a link to the image as well, please? Kobo Glo HD.

I think my SD card is corrupt - kobo seems bricked. I tried the power button + double tap and the "restore" screen came up, but it was frozen for hours so I rebooted and now nothing happens at all and it doesn't respond to any factory reset attempts.

Thanks in advance!
Justin
just_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #317
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
PM sent. But...

Have you charged it? If the battery has run out, it won't do anything and the screen doesn't change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #318
just_in

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. But...

Have you charged it? If the battery has run out, it won't do anything and the screen doesn't change.
Yes, charged for sure... even used a few different charge cords to be sure. I have 4 different Kobo devices in my house so I'm no stranger to the factory reset.

Thanks for the image.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:21 AM   #319
principiante
principiante began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Can I get a link to the image as well, please? Kobo Glo HD.

I think my SD card is corrupt – I can’t even do fabric reset anymore.Kobo doesn’t connect neither via usb nor via wifi.

Thank you
principiante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #320
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #321
hoanganh322
hoanganh322 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hello Davidfor, can you give the image? I think my kobo glo HD breaked
thanks so much

Last edited by hoanganh322; 04-24-2017 at 10:56 AM.
hoanganh322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #322
just_in

Smile

Hey folks,

Try contacting Kobo support before flashing the image. They held my hand through the factory reset, which did not work as I already knew, and once they ran out of ideas they offered to replace my device (sent me an RMA). Kindness and manners work wonders.

Only flash the image as a last resort. There's no guarantee but if you flash it before contacting them you'll certainly lose any hope of getting a replacement device.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #323
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@hoanganh322: PM sent.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:28 AM   #324
ChAVal
ChAVal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Hallo Davidfor, can you please sent me the link for the Glo HD image.
ChAVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #325
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:35 AM   #326
Charlx
Charlx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo hd
Glo hd - sd image

Hello

I think my SD card is corrupt.
(I tried to custom it but I have lost my original backup)

Can you give me an SD card image ?

Thank for your help
Charly
Charlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:17 AM   #327
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.