Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #2461
Shane R
Fanatic
Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
For those of you cancel and rejoin under the cheapo plans -- that means that your audiobooks end up in different libraries, right?
Shane R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #2462
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane R View Post
For those of you cancel and rejoin under the cheapo plans -- that means that your audiobooks end up in different libraries, right?
Last year I waited a couple of days after cancelling my membership and was able to sign up for a half priced promotion. I cancelled that membership in May and was able to sign up for the $1.95 deal this week.

I used the same account throughout, so all one library.

Pro tip, don't cancel your membership if you still have credits, you'll lose them.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #2463
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
I'll remember that. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Last year I waited a couple of days after cancelling my membership and was able to sign up for a half priced promotion. I cancelled that membership in May and was able to sign up for the $1.95 deal this week.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #2464
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
As a part of "June is Audiobook Month," Tantor has a few great sales going on. They have a bunch of newer titles on special (here), many of their "ebook and audiobook" classics (here), and a huge selection of bargain CDs (here). All of these are currently $4.99.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #2465
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Thanks skinmaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
As a part of "June is Audiobook Month," Tantor has a few great sales going on. They have a bunch of newer titles on special (here), many of their "ebook and audiobook" classics (here), and a huge selection of bargain CDs (here). All of these are currently $4.99.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound

Thank you! I would have missed this. I've been waiting for another sale. Once upon a time I received emails from Tantor about upcoming sales, but no more. My account is active - go figure. I know there is Audible, but I'd rather complete the book series purchases from where I first bought them, spread the wealth to try and keep competition alive.
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #2466
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarnold View Post
Thank you! I would have missed this. I've been waiting for another sale. Once upon a time I received emails from Tantor about upcoming sales, but no more. My account is active - go figure. I know there is Audible, but I'd rather complete the book series purchases from where I first bought them, spread the wealth to try and keep competition alive.
You know, I'm not much different when I get titles, particularly about trying to keep the other guys going. I've bought titles from Tantor, Downpour, and Recorded Books (thanks to the Humble Bundles) this year. Lately, when I've gotten titles from Audible, I try to get titles that are done by Audible Studios and save the rest for elsewhere.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #2467
skinmaan
Wizard

Look everybody - it's an actual freebie during "June is Audiobook Month!" I thought this was going to pass everyone by. As soon as I posted about Tantor's sale, I managed to find (over at LearnOutLoud) that Tantor also has a freebie up for the rest of the month. If you're interested in "The Story of My Life" by Helen Keller you can get it for free here.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhoud
Old 06-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #2468
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Audiobookstand has a bunch of audiobooks marked down to $5 and $6. It looks like mainly novels. The authors are, for example, Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, at least one Tom Clancy.

The books are not downloads but something physical, CDs I'm sure. Shipping is free.

Linky: http://www.audiobookstand.com/Stock-...ampaign=061814.

They must be closing these titles out, because they say that there is a limited supply, or something like that. Git it wile da gittin' iz goot.

UPDATE: I just noticed that all, or most of the titles--which were all $5--that were in the email message that I got about the sale are not on the webpage that I gave above. You might want to do an advanced search to find those; I couldn't find a direct link to them.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-20-2014 at 10:36 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:51 PM   #2469
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Is the special pricing back for the companion audiobooks to previously expired loans too? I'm seeing regular prices for those.
Don't know. I've only done it a couple of times (all of those recent), maybe someone who's done it more knows the answer to this.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #2470
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Thanks! I was happy to find Good Neighbors on sale. I've been wanting the audiobook version of this but was waiting for a bargain since I read it already.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #2471
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Quote:
Look everybody - it's an actual freebie during "June is Audiobook Month!" I thought this was going to pass everyone by. As soon as I posted about Tantor's sale, I managed to find (over at LearnOutLoud) that Tantor also has a freebie up for the rest of the month. If you're interested in "The Story of My Life" by Helen Keller you can get it for free here.
Thanks - added to OP, except I used the links from their newer beta site
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #2472
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Audible has a 25% off everything on site including sale prices. Sale ends June 30. Check your wish lists. Some of the short stories I've been holding off buying are now $1 because they were already on sale.

Quote:
Pro tip, don't cancel your membership if you still have credits, you'll lose them.
Yes, that's why I haven't been able to take advantage of those. Still have credits.

Last edited by Tarana; 06-23-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Poor english. :)
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #2473
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Don't know. I've only done it a couple of times (all of those recent), maybe someone who's done it more knows the answer to this.
No... I just checked on two expired loans... tells me if I buy the book I get the discount.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #2474
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Audible has a 25% off everything on site including sale prices. Sale ends June 30. Check your wish lists. Some of the short stories I've been holding off buying are now $1 because they were already on sale.
<snip>
Apparently the sale does not extend to Whispersync purchases (even though Audible's announcement says, "an extra %25 off sitewide").

Just a few minutes ago I got a Kindle ebook from Amazon's site. At the same time, I went ahead and purchased the Audible Whispersync companion from that book's webpage; I was charged the full price for it (I checked the invoice that they emailed to me to make sure, because I know that with some of Amazon's promotions it will show the full price for an item all the way through the checkout process, but you are actually charged, and the invoice so reflects, a lesser amount).

This leaves me with three uncertainties. One is, would I have been charged the full amount if I had purchased the Audible Whispersync from Audible's website, instead of Amazon's? I suggest that, if you buy a Whispersync companion during the current promotion, you not buy it at the book's webpage at Amazon, but go to Audible's site to try to purchase it to see if you get the 25% discount that way.

Another uncertainty concerns the fact that the ebook that I got from Amazon was one of their freebies. Do they charge the full Whispersync price if the book that you bought was free? To put it another way, does Amazon/Audible exclude from the sale Whispersync companions for Amazon's free ebooks?

The final uncertainty is closely connected to the second. The Whispersync companion to the ebook that I got was low-priced. Does Amazon/Audible exclude from the sale Whispersync companions that are low-priced? If so, what is the threshold price where they do start giving the 25% off?

Maybe I should have called Audible's customer service to try to get the answers to these questions, but I've seen some rather negative opinions in one or more of the forums about how knowledgeable their reps are, so I wouldn't feel confident that I had the correct answers even after talking to one of them.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #2475
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I guess I never thought it would include a title if I was already getting the WS4V discount as opposed to buying it at regular price (with or without member discount). Seldom do two offers (WS4V + 25%) combine at most stores, usually only the 'best' offer applies.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote