Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
hekom
hekom began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy 10.1
Calbre Companion: No items to display

I've enjoyed working with Calibre Companion on my adroid tablet.

I could connect to my PC and see all the books.

But suddenly, when I connect to my PC, I get a blank screen and it says: "no items to display"

The connection to the server is ok. (I'm asked to login, as I configured in Calibre-preferences)
There are books in the catalog. I see them when I open Calibre on my PC.
When Calibre is not started on my PC, I use the bachcommand "calibre-server --auto-reload --url-prefix /calibre"

Any ideas? Why are all my books gone ?
hekom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Moderator Notice
Moved thread to devices forum, since Calibre Companion is treated as a device by calibre. The developer keeps an up to date FAQ as a sticky post at the top of this forum and monitors this forum for questions.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-19-2013 at 04:29 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekom View Post
I've enjoyed working with Calibre Companion on my adroid tablet.

I could connect to my PC and see all the books.

But suddenly, when I connect to my PC, I get a blank screen and it says: "no items to display"

The connection to the server is ok. (I'm asked to login, as I configured in Calibre-preferences)
There are books in the catalog. I see them when I open Calibre on my PC.
When Calibre is not started on my PC, I use the bachcommand "calibre-server --auto-reload --url-prefix /calibre"

Any ideas? Why are all my books gone ?
Does it do this both when you use the command line and when you start the content server from within calibre?

Any chance that you have entered a content server "restriction" in calibre preferences?

What version of calibre are you running? What version of CC?

Note that if you are using a url prefix in calibre then automatic detection of the content server will not work. You must enter a URL into CC's content server connection IP box and check the box "The IP box contains a complete URL".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
bverspeiser
bverspeiser began at the beginning.

Device: pb 603
Same problem here (Chaley: private message with details). It does not work from both, command line and started from within calibre.
bverspeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Mea culpa. We have released an update to the update that handles URLs without port numbers.

The IPV4/IPV6 mixed environment issue that you are facing requires more thought. As I said in the PM, it is possible that we cannot resolve it. Fortunately there is a workaround.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
hekom
hekom began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy 10.1
thanks for your support and the recent update.
I can see the books now. all works well.
regards,
henny
hekom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
companion