Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
dwbryant2000
Enthusiast
dwbryant2000 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Gen 3, BEBOOK, ILIAD BOOK READER
Reader Support

I received my unit (447x) last Thurs. The SD socket won't retain the card (it sticks out about 1/8 inch) Can anyone tell me how long it takes for Bookeen to get back on support issues? Since I can't get it to take a card I guess I'll have to send it back. (another bundle for shipping) David
dwbryant2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you email support@bookeen.com?

Any of the other addresses seem to be ignored.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Not to presume that my opinions have any greater 'weight' with Bookeen, but I've just sent them an email for both the SD card issues and the 'frozen at the Library' problem. We'll see if my email prods a response.

I tend to believe they're hustling like crazy to get all the current orders for which they have received devices fulfilled and that may be why there appears to be a delay in handling support issues.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
SandySchwab
Mad Author
SandySchwab began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbryant2000 View Post
I received my unit (447x) last Thurs. The SD socket won't retain the card (it sticks out about 1/8 inch) Can anyone tell me how long it takes for Bookeen to get back on support issues? Since I can't get it to take a card I guess I'll have to send it back. (another bundle for shipping) David
Shoot. Before I saw your post I hadn't yet tried the SD card. Now I have. And I've got the same problem.

I think I'll go and sit in a corner and cry quietly into hanky...
SandySchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
SandySchwab
Mad Author

Right. I've just tried another card. Went in smoothly, nicely, wonderfully ...

Only now it's stuck. Cybook doesn't want to give it back.

I'll definitely go and sit in a quiet corner and cry. *sigh*
Old 12-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Derek, you might want to let Bookeen know to actually test the SD card slot before shipping in case it's a manufacturing defect that affects multiple units.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Derek, you might want to let Bookeen know to actually test the SD card slot before shipping in case it's a manufacturing defect that affects multiple units.
I can but send them an email. If they are too busy to acknowledge my first one, I'm pretty sure they won't acknowledge a second one. I clearly stated in my email that these problems were being discussed by customers here at MobileRead.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:

How do you now that? I have read all that has been written about that here and cannot come to that conclusion. All my mails to contact has been answered for example.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #9
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandySchwab View Post
Right. I've just tried another card. Went in smoothly, nicely, wonderfully ...

Only now it's stuck. Cybook doesn't want to give it back.

I'll definitely go and sit in a quiet corner and cry. *sigh*
At a risk of saying the obvious thing - you need to push it in deeper to make it give it back.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #10
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
I'm with Krystian Galaj, push it in and it'll click and come out. I don't have my Cybook yet, but use SD disks in my camera.

I'd also guess it's supposed to stick out a little bit. When you hook it to your computer, is it showing up as another drive? Can you put books on it? Do the books then show up in the Cybook library? If so, it's working correctly.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #11
SandySchwab
Mad Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
At a risk of saying the obvious thing - you need to push it in deeper to make it give it back.
No, it's not that. Completely clueless I ain't. But thank you.

The SD card slot doesn't lock and the card itself doesn't show up either on the computer nor on the Cybook itself. Still, for some reason I was able to insert this card all the way (in contrast to the card that came with the Cybook) (and I didn't use a hammer to get it into that slot either ). I finally managed to get that thing out again, but there's definitely something wrong with the SD card slot and I've already contacted Bookeen about the problem.

But at least I can still read books on my Cybook!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
One thing that got me the first time I tried to put in the SD card: I expected the logo to face the front/screen side of the unit. Instead, I had to turn the card around and have it face "backwards" with the contacts facing front. I imagine if I had tried a little more force, I might have damaged the mechanical parts of the slot.

This isn't the only SD card slot that is tricky. I remember having trouble with a Palm PDA that had a cover over the slot that was supposed to move aside when a card was inserted. Instead, the cover got jammed and the slot was unusable.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
How do you now that? I have read all that has been written about that here and cannot come to that conclusion. All my mails to contact has been answered for example.
I am basing what I said on what others who have emailed and reported here. The ones that said they got a reply were emailing support and not the other addresses. Some people said they did not email support and got no reply. So if I am incorrect, I apologize. But from what I have read, email support if you want an answer.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
I am basing what I said on what others who have emailed and reported here. The ones that said they got a reply were emailing support and not the other addresses. Some people said they did not email support and got no reply. So if I am incorrect, I apologize. But from what I have read, email support if you want an answer.
So HarryT and me saying here that we got reply from contact you just forgot or?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:35 AM   #15
divory
divory began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Gen3, Sony 700, Opus, PB360
I have a similar problem with SD cards (reader hangs with a card in) but I emailed contact@bookeen.com on Monday without a reply. I have now forwarded it to support@bookeen.com and I will let you know if that has better luck.

In the meantime I have decided that I can keep all my books on my notebook and the 64k memory is more than enough for daily,weekly (or even monthly!) reading.

David
divory is offline   Reply With Quote