Old 08-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Atomix
Enthusiast
Atomix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
replace ru.launcher icons

Hello,
Do you know how to change icons for ru.launcher? In nookdev website it says:

To use your own icons with this launcher, simply put them in the "my icons" folder on the internal memory, named <activity_full_name>.png and <activity_full_name>_focused.png.

Well, that is exactly what I did, but the icon I tried to change, stayed the same.

So, I thought of a different way - opened the .apk file and replaced the image inside. But I couldn't install the new .apk file, nook refused, most likely because package signing key was altered. Even though, I signed the package manually, nook still refused to install.

Do you know how to install new icons?
Atomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Kindle Addict
kindict
Kindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, Kobo, iPad, Nook
I think jettrue contacted the author of .ru and indicated that 'tested' support for custom icons would be in a subsequent release.

Read more on this thread.

For the record, I tried the same things as jettrue with no luck.
Kindle Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert