Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #31
Rangepath
Rangepath began at the beginning.

Device: HP Ipaq 214, BeBook;Prs-600
Hi LARdT
I am unable to download this file ~ when I try all I get is a 1kb download file. Would there be any chance of checking this out or maybe posting an alternate site. many thanks and great work!
Rangepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #32
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi:

Try in my first server.

http://www.4shared.com/file/18110672...2ES251209.html

Regards
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #33
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
Is there a list of all enhancements with this firmware, not just fixes, over the hanlin version?

Thanks

Mark
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #34
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi:

There is a complete post in spanish here:

http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...ewtopic&t=2667

And translated to english by google:

http://translate.google.com/translat...67&sl=es&tl=en

Thanks.
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #35
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirwal View Post
Hi:

There is a complete post in spanish here:

http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...ewtopic&t=2667

And translated to english by google:

http://translate.google.com/translat...67&sl=es&tl=en

Thanks.

Thank you!

Mark
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
Rangepath
Rangepath began at the beginning.

Device: HP Ipaq 214, BeBook;Prs-600
Hi Tirwal
Thanks for the reference the download went well and the new firmware is excellent, probably the best so far!
Rangepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #37
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)

Every "Homer Tirwaliensis" will need
La GUIA DEFINITIVA para el FIRMWARE de TIRWAL / TIRWAL'S FIRMWARE GUIDE for DUMMIES
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #38
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Hi LARdT/Tirwal,

I really appreciate your efforts and dedication to improve the Hanlin/LBook firmware versions. I became curious after reading this post but apart from reading the PDF books, IMHO, OpenInkpot, though still in a pre-release stage, has some features I prefer. If you haven't tested OpenInkpot yourself, please give it a try and you will see what I mean.

Once more, I appreciate your efforts and I hope this post is not being read as a negative one. Any improvents made to the original Hanlin/LBook firmware is more than welcome as what they provide is a kind of very basic. If you keep on improving the firmare, I'll might one day consider to install it on my Hanlin V3 and keep it.
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

OPENINKPOT

I cannot speak for TIRWAL but as far as I am regarded, I've tried OPENINKPOT both "live" and full version. The user interface looks more modern and coherent but it was a big dissapointment:
- It took more than 1 hour to format the inner memory while the device looked completely bricked (scary moments)

- The flexibility and options COOLREADER 3.0.19 offers beats completeley OPENINKPOT FBREADER implementation. DJVU viewer is by far the best browser for graphics. By the way, perhaps I'm talking too much but next TIRWAL version will include FBREADER ("circa OPENINKPOT") for LIT files, which is probably the only weak point in TIRWAL's. As far as I know it is the only firmware available that can support DRM for MOBI and PDF files.
Although, as almost everything, is a matter of taste.
No USB direct support is a BIG weakness. You cannot expect the average user to rely only in SSH connection.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #40
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've just downloaded Tirwal 1.7 and will give it a new try..

BTW, with the latest daily builds of OI, SSH is not working anymore..

Last edited by cloggy; 12-28-2009 at 04:28 PM.
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #41
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
I cannot speak for TIRWAL but as far as I am regarded, I've tried OPENINKPOT both "live" and full version. The user interface looks more modern and coherent but it was a big dissapointment:
- It took more than 1 hour to format the inner memory while the device looked completely bricked (scary moments)

- The flexibility and options COOLREADER 3.0.19 offers beats completeley OPENINKPOT FBREADER implementation. DJVU viewer is by far the best browser for graphics. By the way, perhaps I'm talking too much but next TIRWAL version will include FBREADER ("circa OPENINKPOT") for LIT files, which is probably the only weak point in TIRWAL's. As far as I know it is the only firmware available that can support DRM for MOBI and PDF files.
Although, as almost everything, is a matter of taste.
No USB direct support is a BIG weakness. You cannot expect the average user to rely only in SSH connection.

no usb direct connection was the reason I never tried openinkpot and now with the improvements in tirwal I dont see a reason to.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #42
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've just downloaded Tirwal 1.7 and will give it a new try..

BTW, with the latest daily builds of OI, SSH is not working anymore..
Uuug! it was the funniest part of it!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #43
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
By the way, perhaps I'm talking too much but next TIRWAL version will include FBREADER ("circa OPENINKPOT") for LIT files, which is probably the only weak point in TIRWAL's.

The reason I bought a Hanlin v3 in the first place was the promised native lit support. The biggest disappointment was the instability of said lit support. (It wouldn't open Baen Lits.)

I (and several other people I know) would kill for proper lit support on an eink reader.

Drooollll....
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #44
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
Yeah, it's working. Both drm's can be read. Thank you so much, extra karma for you

A hint for the adobe ADE users: before you update the firmware, start up ADE with your ebook connected, press CTRL-SHIFT-E and deauthorize your ebook. This will save you from problems in the future as ADE only can have a certain amount of authorized devices.
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #45
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

That is interesting info
Could you please elaborate a little more on that?

What is the purpose of de-autorizing the device?