Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #151
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
Also as said above, please please please, darker text contrast for all formats.. This should be an option in the system settings where an example passage is shown, and you adjust till you are "comfortable" with it and then OK the setting and it'll stay permanently like that unless you decide to change it.
A darkness setting (also with darker text available than we have now) that is customizable for all available text formats would be sublime.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #152
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am with you on the LED for your reason (really bright)
and
because you can not tell what color it is when viewed off axis.
Is it RED, is it Green or is it AMBER (mix of RED and Green?)
A diffuser jewel would probably fix both concerns.
++++ It's worthless as best I can tell ....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #153
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
++++ It's worthless as best I can tell ....
Nah!
It sometime lets you know that the battery is not flat out dead
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #154
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Could we get native .cbz/.cbr reading?
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #155
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Needed: Customization for ePub for a long discussion about allowing user customization of the ePub Reader. This could either be via a userStyle.css or a menu. Note that in one sense this is an extension of the existing request for user-selected default fonts for ePub.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #156
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

+1 for Wallcraft's great idea.
Ekaser please feel free to remove my idea at suggestion #33 and replace it with Wallcraft's Customization for ePub idea.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #157
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Lightbulb Long Line wrap please

A minor annoyance on a current titles "About" (button 9) page is when the displayed (Book Name) file name (and file type) are OFF SCREEN.

Can we get this to wrap and maybe a separate entry for the file type?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #158
Semp
Enthusiast
Semp doesn't litterSemp doesn't litter

Device: EZReader packet pro
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
I'd like to keep a consolidated list for the EZ-Reader:
a) Items people consider to be problems/bugs that they'd like to see fixed.
b) Enhancements (new 'features') that people would like to see in updates.
I don’t see support for non English epub format
Semp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #159
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp View Post
Errr... please excuse my ignorance, but... what IS "non-English epub format"? I thought epub format was just that: a specification of the file formats and contents, which are primarily XML, which CAN contain non-English alphabets, words and languages. No? Please clarify? Thanks!
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #160
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp View Post
Welcome to the forum Semp!
The reason you don't see it is because no-one has requested it in this thread yet. Ekaser is doing a good job here updating the list. He can only do this once someone makes a request in this actual thread here. Perhaps you would like this issue added to the list. Please explain as best you can what is the problem.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 AM   #161
Semp
Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Quote:
Errr... please excuse my ignorance, but... what IS "non-English epub format"? I thought epub format was just that: a specification of the file formats and contents, which are primarily XML, which CAN contain non-English alphabets, words and languages. No? Please clarify? Thanks!
PP doesn't support other epub formats but English
I've tried three other languages (Polish, Czech, Slovak ……..)
There are just "???"
This issue is quite a disappointment for me
Old 12-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #162
Semp
Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Quote:
UTF-8 hexa 0105, 0107, 0119, 0144, 015B, 017A, 017C, 0104, 0106, 0118, 0143, 015A, 0179, 017B
All of them I see as "?"
Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #163
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Posting this as a reference to above codes mentioned.
Additional characters for Polish
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #164
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Okay, thanks, now I understand. I've added that to the list!
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #165
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
For 5" PocketPRO

I didn't see the following enhancement listed in the master list - ability to scroll long file names that are longer than screen can accomodate.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote