Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #46
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
worked like a charm. Liberated library ebook from it's shackles!

Thanks GENIUS!!!!
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #47
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
Re-posted.

I'm selecting the "forever" option. I'm guessing that either someone is flagging these as abusive or the fact that they're so large is causing the pastbin admins to look at them. Anyone got any ideas for a better place to put these?

If mobileread could let you upload here...fingers crossed!!
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
MobileRead's policy is to not host or allow links to DRM removal tools which are clearly illegal in most countries. Any uploads of the kind will be quickly removed. Threads on DRM removal are tolerated however posts providing direct step-by-step directions will be edit and/or removed.

BOb - Moderator
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
Re-posted.

I'm selecting the "forever" option. I'm guessing that either someone is flagging these as abusive or the fact that they're so large is causing the pastbin admins to look at them. Anyone got any ideas for a better place to put these?
I did put up a copy of MobiDeDRM.py 0.05 up on Pastebin and it's still there.

Where to put it up so it doesn't get taken down is a touch one. maybe you can get space on the same host that hosts ConvertLIT.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Not in a million years, my friend. .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #51
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did put up a copy of MobiDeDRM.py 0.05 up on Pastebin and it's still there.

Where to put it up so it doesn't get taken down is a touch one. maybe you can get space on the same host that hosts ConvertLIT.
Upload it to some sharing site like Rapidshare. If you care about legal issues then you can host it somewhere where DRM-removal is not illegal. BTW. ConvertLIT's site is located in Poland.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #52
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not in a million years, my friend. .
Hopefully, in less than a million years DRM will be a thing of the past and DRM removal will be legal... and money will fall from the trees.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #53
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please don't forget to delete the books once the checkout period has expired.
Absolutely. We won't have libraries around if we abuse the privilege.

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #54
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
How about Brussell Sprouts? I think of those as little cabbages. Love those, too!
I also think of them as little cabbages. Hate those too.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #55
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Absolutely. We won't have libraries around if we abuse the privilege.

Debra
Well the library will never know if you delete the files or not, so that action alone won't change libraries' behaviour regarding ebooks. Hence their is no rational reason to delete the books unless you think it is morally wrong to keep them or fear that someone might access your harddrive without your permission.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #56
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is guilt (and I'm not even Catholic!) If someone got in trouble for decrypting library books and keeping them, even though I didn't get caught, it would bother me. I want to be able to use the library, guilt-free.

I have already read, AND DELETED, 2 of the 6 books I checked out last night. So you can tell what kind of trashy books I read. Now, I wish we could turn them back in before the 3 weeks are up - 6 books isn't enough for 3 weeks! Of course, I could read some "good" books in between.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #57
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I have already read, AND DELETED, 2 of the 6 books I checked out last night. So you can tell what kind of trashy books I read. Now, I wish we could turn them back in before the 3 weeks are up - 6 books isn't enough for 3 weeks! Of course, I could read some "good" books in between.
Wow! I wish I could read that fast. Takes me over a week to read even a trashy novel.

With some libraries you can return digital edition books early. In the Library section of Digital Editions, try clicking the square in the top left corner of a book and see if it has a "Return Borrowed Item" option.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #58
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeli98 View Post
Hi, is it possible to repost key-retrieval script? Link is broken in the blog.
Just tried it - it is working now. Debra
Old 02-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #59
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Wow! I wish I could read that fast. Takes me over a week to read even a trashy novel.

With some libraries you can return digital edition books early. In the Library section of Digital Editions, try clicking the square in the top left corner of a book and see if it has a "Return Borrowed Item" option.
Thanks, I will try it.

Based on your "Now Reading" list, you aren't reading trashy enough novels to finish them in 2 hours. You need to dumb down your reading. That is what my DEAR husband calls it. He can read John Adams - I finish 50 books to every one he reads.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #60
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

If you are using Adobe Digital Editions…

Open Adobe Digital Editions.
Select the 'Library View' icon (in the upper left corner).
The Adobe Digital Editions library is displayed.
Under the 'Bookshelves' heading, select 'Borrowed'.
Click the eBook you want to return.
Click the 'Item Options' arrow (in the upper left corner of the selected eBook).
Select 'Return Borrowed Item'.
Click 'Return' to verify that you want to return the title.
The eBook is removed from your account and returned to the library collection.

Amazing what you can find it you just look. Thanks, epiphany!