Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Update in Progress

Hey Kris. Just wondering if you could give us a few hints on where marvin will be be going in the near future. I know you mentioned vertical scrolling should be released sometime about this month. Just curious what other features you got up your sleeves. (I'm hoping for Virtual Libraries in OPDS as well as vertical scrolling) No rush Kris. You've given us a great program. Take some time to yourself if you need it. And if I haven't thanked you enough. Thanks again.

P.S. I'm not sure if you ever saw my posts to github just curious on your thoughts. Have a great day.
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@ParadiseLost - Yes, I see all posts on GH, in many cases within minutes they're submitted. I'm sorry it takes me a while to respond and tag them (dealing with email, Twitter, Facebook, the blog and MR really takes a lot of time).

Right now, the features that are on my "priority list" are vertical scrolling, side loading user fonts, AirDrop sharing on iOS 7, improving location sync accuracy and syncing bookmarks, highlights, etc...

With the exception of AirDrop support (that's coming very soon with other cool features), the others are quite complex and will take me a while. Please bear with me.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Sounds great Kris looking forward to the future of Marvin. I'm sure most will agree in saying you're doing great. No rush here.
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs up

No pressure! Virtually all the basics are already in place in Marvin; no need to frantically charge ahead.

I'm saying "virtually", because I'm really missing annotations syncing and background textures (and Marvin for Android), but Marvin is certainly fully usable as of today, and even if not a single new feature were added for the rest of 2013, that would be fine with me. You've already given us 10 times more in 10 months than Kindle, iBooks et al. combined have given us in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
(dealing with email, Twitter, Facebook, the blog and MR really takes a lot of time)
I wish you could hire some support staff in future, if that's in any way realistic. Any time you spend providing your astoundingly prompt tech support (which largely consists of responding to the same questions over and over and over again in a plethora of media), takes away from your active developer's time, effectively slowing down Marvin's development.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Thanks for your support guys,
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #6
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
No pressure! Virtually all the basics are already in place in Marvin; no need to frantically charge ahead.

I'm saying "virtually", because I'm really missing annotations syncing and background textures (and Marvin for Android), but Marvin is certainly fully usable as of today, and even if not a single new feature were added for the rest of 2013, that would be fine with me. You've already given us 10 times more in 10 months than Kindle, iBooks et al. combined have given us in years.

I wish you could hire some support staff in future, if that's in any way realistic. Any time you spend providing your astoundingly prompt tech support (which largely consists of responding to the same questions over and over and over again in a plethora of media), takes away from your active developer's time, effectively slowing down Marvin's development.
+1000 Kevin!
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote