Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
It must be small enough to fit in the pocket of a trouser.
Have you seen a Glo "in the flesh"? Because it won't fit in many pockets, depending on the trousers obviously. In which case a Mini would be a better option, but not light (yet <- subliminal hint for Kobo ). Actually that's why I have a Mini *and* an Aura.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #17
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've tried with a Touch yesterday and it does fit in my back pockets. So far so good as the Glo has the same dimensions but one cm less in height.

Bureau Vallée confirmed they don't sell the Glo, I've just ordered it on the FNAC website. Should get it in two to three days!

I agree for the 5" readers with light... if one day there is one out, I'd re-sell the Glo and buy it. But I've checked on the net and asked the question on the Aldus blog...not clue for a new one coming.

Last edited by Anghirrim; 07-16-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Hi jackastor,

The Aura is too expensive and too large for me. It must be small enough to fit in the pocket of a trouser.

Cheers,

Thomas
No worries. The glo is still a kick ass reader. I have the touch,the glo,and the aura my niece has the mini.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #19
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Eh eh, yes. And don't forget that I come from a Cybook Opus.... this might change my reader's life.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #20
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

3 hours left..... it just arrived to the small shop where it was delivered to me!!!!!
Advert
Old 07-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
3 hours left..... it just arrived to the small shop where it was delivered to me!!!!!
Don't you like trackable pkgs? makes the anticipation that much more exciting

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #22
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

YEp, this let my colleagues make fun of me today! Checking every thirty minutes!!!

So finally it's here, at home, with a first book in. First startup, configuration and update.

Few minutes to discover it, then go! Quite happy, surprised by the grain of the screen when you touch it, but nice. I liked the fact that you can get rid of all the "fun" things from Kobo, and let it be what it is supposed to be, a reader.

For now, I've just added a book in epub in the root directory, and modified the affiliate from Fnac to Kobo.

The whole body in rubber is really good, and the button for the light on/off is a real advantage versus the Odyssey HD Frontlight.

So, I'd better be reading now. Might let you know my thoughts in a few days, after I have played with it.

THanks again all for your answers and clues, that helped me doing this choice.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #23
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
What colours did you get? (or colour if the front is black)
Have fun reading on your Glo
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #24
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

It's a black one. A small stressful moment when I thought I broke the switch, but seems to be fine now.

Regards,