Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #151
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
We're led to believe it is being discussed again.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #152
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJvK View Post

I have a custom column set to "Column built from other columns" with the following template, thanks to PeterT:
Code:
{:'first_non_empty(field('Series'), field('authors'))'}
And the Extended driver set to use this column for shelves.
Works great, but I cannot figure out how this would allow to send books to the wrong shelf - I've rechecked the calibre library and all information for the offending book is correct.

I had a similar column (again thanks to PeterT) that worked like a charm for a while and then started going crazy. My column IIIRC was
{series:'ifempty($, ifempty(field('series'),'0 series'))'}
This gave me one shelf with all non series books called 0 series.
Then it stopped working reliably. I think it is something to do the custom column built from other columns code as I had different problems making collections on the Sony T1 using and expression that chaley did for me a year ago. Would work fine on the 300 and 650 but messed op the T1. And while PeterT's solution seems more elegant, I went to a simpler brute force way of doing it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Take that one up with Kobo. It used to sort books by series ordering. As I recall, the beta testers told them not to take this out but they did anyway. Seems to me that almost everyone who used series data preferred to have the books sorted by series order.
The bug raised was that "Title" sorting was wrong. The person who raised the bug pointed out that the series info was added to the start of the title for sorting. I was surprise was how quickly Kobo reacted and an argument started about what was correct. I have to admit that the current sorting is strictly correct, but still feel that including the series info is much more useful.

As PeterT said, Kobo have stated they are looking at it again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #154
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
{series:'ifempty($, ifempty(field('series'),'0 series'))'}
I think you just wanted
Code:
{series:'ifempty('0 series')'}
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #155
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think you just wanted
Code:
{series:'ifempty('0 series')'}
probably I struggle with the python language and templates.
Still the list was populated correctly and the books did not all get shelved which at one time they did.

What I have now works perfectly so I doubt I will mess with it.

Thanks
Helen
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #156
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I have to go to the calibre help pages each and every time I make one
Old 07-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #157
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
I have to go to the calibre help pages each and every time I make one
I have to go to the help 6 times pages each time I try to modify one
Old 07-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #158
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I never leave the page :P
Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #159
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

David; maybe my ignorance is showing... Is there an easy means to just remove all traces of books on the SD card from the Kobo database without actually dropping the books from the SD card?

I suppose I'm thinking of something along the lines of a quick removal from the database of all rows in the content, shelf_contents table (and any other tables that I've overlooked) with /mnt/sd as the location.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #160
speakingtohe
Wizard

I'm not David, but I would think take out the card and force a database rebuild
Helen
Old 07-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #161
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Hi guys.

I'm trying to get the series informations working on my Glo, but something seems wrong, after uploading some books with series info, its missing from the device database then appears randomly after some minutes for an unknown reason to me yet:

Nothing visible using the "Manage Series" window tool [Original Series column]. And if I unplug the device and check my books, it matches the same missing series. (but the shelves creation/deletion works properly)

This is my shelf line: series, authors
And I checked the "Define the Series information" (or something like that, its in french in my Calibre)

The most curious is that if I come back later, the series information are showing properly. Its like there was a weird delay of X mins or something

I tried to unplug the device, let it processing the new added books, plug again, or 'refresh the list of books on the device' from the tool, but nothing works. It just gets fixed by itself after waiting a while, sometimes...

Any idea?
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #162
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJvK View Post
Seriously? That would seem to be a no-brainer...
The really insane thing is that even in the shelf browser, when your shelves are primarily for series, it can't get the ordering straight!
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #163
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
The really insane thing is that even in the shelf browser, when your shelves are primarily for series, it can't get the ordering straight!
Seeing the exact same sort options are available everywhere why are you surprised.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
David; maybe my ignorance is showing... Is there an easy means to just remove all traces of books on the SD card from the Kobo database without actually dropping the books from the SD card?

I suppose I'm thinking of something along the lines of a quick removal from the database of all rows in the content, shelf_contents table (and any other tables that I've overlooked) with /mnt/sd as the location.
I usually just put another SD card into the device. That removes all the books that were on the first card and adds those from the second. If the seconds is empty, none get added.

It shouldn't be that hard to implement as most of the code is already in the driver. I'll have a look at it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #165
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I usually just put another SD card into the device. That removes all the books that were on the first card and adds those from the second. If the seconds is empty, none get added.
Ugh; that's kind of ugly. I suppose naive me had assumed that the volume-id / serial # / some unique value would also be stored, allowing one to easily swap between multiple SD cards without the need to re-scan them each time.

So many items seem to have a good initial thought to them, and then some poor implementation choices.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities