Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
IzzyNobre
IzzyNobre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Can't create shelves or add to/access shortlist!

Hey guys! I've had my Kobo Touch for about a year now, and I love it. Until now.

I think the last update (2.0, I believe) is kinda broken. For one, I can't access my shortlist. If I tap the little heart next to a book, nothing really happens. The heart turns black, indicating the selection has been made, but the book doesn't really go anywhere.

There's no shortlist option anywhere that I can find, and I've looked everywhere! If I go back to the library, the little black heart next to a book is "white" again, the Kobo seemingly undoing my selection at will.

What gives? Are you guys having the same issue? Where is the shortlist function?!

Also: I can't create shelves either. I'll go through all the steps, but nothing happens at the end. I've tried multiple times.

Edit: well this SUCKS. I tried signing off of the device, since I read here that some people fixed the issue by doing that, and my Kobo did a reset and is now prompting me to set it up all over again! Since Kobo Desktop never works on my computer, I have to use my wife's just to do this stupid setup -- pretty pointless, since I don't use Kobo Desktop or benefit from "setting it" my Kobo.

Really not happy with this :/ I just hope my reading stats weren't erased too.

Second edit: went through all the hassle of setting it up and... it forced me to sign back on anyway. So I lost all my recent reads and reading stats. Great. I had clocked in almost 500 hours on it

At least shelves work now

Last edited by IzzyNobre; 07-30-2012 at 12:59 PM.
IzzyNobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you do a sync with the Kobo servers over WiFi, the stats relating to kepubs should reappear.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
IzzyNobre
IzzyNobre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
What's a kepub?
IzzyNobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyNobre View Post
What's a kepub?
Kobo's version of the epub, hence kepub
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote