Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 12:38 AM   #1
xefopix
xefopix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question DRM or DeDRM tool ... can not find it

Hi,
I've been using Calibre for ages.
There was a plugin I used to use regarding DRM or DEDRM, which I downloaded several years ago, but my hard drive died recently and I lost everything.
Please may someone provide a link because I did not find it.
Just the name and I will google it.
xefopix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 01:18 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2024, 01:26 AM   #3
xefopix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Exactly!
Old 02-23-2024, 05:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xefopix View Post
Hi,
I've been using Calibre for ages.
There was a plugin I used to use regarding DRM or DEDRM, which I downloaded several years ago, but my hard drive died recently and I lost everything.
Please may someone provide a link because I did not find it.
Just the name and I will google it.
You want version 10.0.9.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 09:43 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You want version 10.0.9.
Not necessarily. It depends on which DRM scheme the books use. 10.0.9 is needed only for the Kindle for PC/Mac. It's not needed for ADE, Download & Transfer or the Bluestacks method.

Last edited by Sirtel; 02-23-2024 at 09:46 AM.
Advert
Old 02-23-2024, 11:18 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not necessarily. It depends on which DRM scheme the books use. 10.0.9 is needed only for the Kindle for PC/Mac. It's not needed for ADE, Download & Transfer or the Bluestacks method.
10.0.9 also has bugs fixed and supports the newer ADE DRM.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:24 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
10.0.9 also has bugs fixed and supports the newer ADE DRM.
Has anyone ever seen that newer ADE DRM?

Personally I still use the old Alf version of 7.something on my main PC and it works. I do have 10.0.9 downloaded and backed up, but I'll switch when the old plugin no longer works and not before.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:25 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Personally I still use the old Alf version of 7.something on my main PC and it works. I do have 10.0.9 downloaded and backed up, but I'll switch when the old plugin no longer works and not before.
The newer ADE DRM has been seen in the wild. It's not all that common.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:38 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

I've seen it on several textbooks but only two non-textbooks. The textbooks were an acquaintance's child who wanted to remove DRM from the textbooks to allow sharing them with 'friends' so nothing was done by me—if they really wanted to remove DRM to pirate books, include me out. The non-textbooks' DRM was removed by 10.0.3.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:13 AM   #10
xefopix

Question 10.0.3 vs 10.0.9

What are the differences between 10.0.3 and 10.0.9?
I've installed 10.0.9, but do not know which one is best to use.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
What are the differences between 10.0.3 and 10.0.9?
I've installed 10.0.9, but do not know which one is best to use.
10.0.9 has support for more DRM removal be it the hardened ePub DRM or KFX and bug fixes.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-27-2024 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:04 AM   #12
xefopix

Talking

Quote:
10.0.9 has support for my DRM removal be it the hardened ePub DRM or KFX and bug fixes.
Thanks
I will stick to 10.0.9 then, right?
Old 03-27-2024, 02:55 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks
I will stick to 10.0.9 then, right?
You could stick with 10.0.9 or go with the alpha release.