Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
joey harrison
joey harrison began at the beginning.

Device: cool reader 3.1.2-27
Need reader for Word files

I was using Cool Reader to read Microsoft Word files on my Motorola Atrix 2. I liked it very much. Then they released a new version with lots of bells and whistles. I have no problem with the bells and whistles, but I'm no longer able to read Word documents. The problem is that Cool Reader acts like the files are not even loaded into the phone. It doesn't "see" them.

So: I'm looking for either a possible fix or a whole new reader for Word files.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance...
joey harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey harrison View Post
I was using Cool Reader to read Microsoft Word files on my Motorola Atrix 2. I liked it very much. Then they released a new version with lots of bells and whistles. I have no problem with the bells and whistles, but I'm no longer able to read Word documents. The problem is that Cool Reader acts like the files are not even loaded into the phone. It doesn't "see" them.

So: I'm looking for either a possible fix or a whole new reader for Word files.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance...
What platform? Microsoft has a free download for a doc reader. Abbiword is also free and runs on a number of platforms.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
This belongs in the "E-Book Readers" category (Android Devices) or better yet, in "E-Book Software" (Reading and Management, where it says "Get support for tools to read e-books and to manage / collect them"), not here.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, word files