Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
gudrun45
Enthusiast
gudrun45 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
adding library books to Calibre

Okay, I'm so new to this, it isn't funny.
Anyway, I just borrowed a book from the Singapore Library. I've found out that if I just double click the downloaded file, Sony Reader opens automatically and loads it.
Is there a way to load these books with me choosing which software to use with it? (Sony Reader, ADE or Calibre)
I don't suppose it matters, really, but I'd just like to know.

Thanks,
Gudrun

Last edited by gudrun45; 02-13-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typo in title
gudrun45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudrun45 View Post
Okay, I'm so new to this, it isn't funny.
Anyway, I just borrowed a book from the Singapore Library. I've found out that if I just double click the downloaded file, Sony Reader opens automatically and loads it.
Is there a way to load these books with me choosing which software to use with it? (Sony Reader, ADE or Calibre)
I don't suppose it matters, really, but I'd just like to know.

Thanks,
Gudrun
Right-click the file: Open With...
If you want it permanent (for ALL files of this type), there is that tick box below the program list.

Library books = DRM for their secure ownership, meas Calibre can NOT view the files, only manage them (send to (ADE registered) device)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert