Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
edmondsr
edmondsr is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Greek-English dictionary support with Kindle 3

Foreign language dictionary support has been a difficult issue with the Kindle 2. As such I am considering an upgrade to a Kindle 3 but would like to know if the issue has been resolved. I have heard that in some respects it is better but after much searching I still cannot figure whether the issue I am having will be resolved.

I am using a Greek lexicon provided in mobi format by another user here on MobileRead. The Greek text displays fine and I can even set the dictionary as my primary dictionary but quick lookups (or any lookups) do not work, at all. I can browse the dictionary, but that is not very helpful and without the ability to enter greek text, I cannot even jump between sections!

The best I can do on the Kindle 2 is get Greek text into the search bar with a font hack, but searching the dictionary doesn't work even with that method, it just hangs until I press back.

Interestingly, the dictionary lookups work flawlessly with Mobipocket Reader on the PC with this dictionary.

Ideas?

Regards,
Ryan
edmondsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
mpavey
mpavey began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi
Hi Ryan,

I have a Kindle 3 and would be keen to test this out (and would be happy to report back!). Unfortunately though your link to the lexicon isn't working. Would you be able to share the dictionary (or a working link)?

Thanks

Michael
mpavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
contle
contle began at the beginning.

Device: K3SO
Hi guys!

Do you have a Greek-English mobipocket dictionary already?
If yes, could you send it to me?

Thanks.
Balázs
contle is offline   Reply With Quote