Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-31-2015, 01:21 AM   #1
florianbw
florianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-booksflorianbw has learned how to read e-books

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Deleting unused system apps M96 (Booxter version)

Hello,
I'm a M96 owner, and new in this forum. Great to see there is something going on!

I'm using Booxter's builds (thank you for the updates!). I want to free up some space in root and followed kuskro's post. However, apart from those mentioned, there are several other apks in my /system/app folder which I think might not be needed:

Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
MusicFX.apk
Phone.apk
PicoTts.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk

What do you think?
florianbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:07 AM   #2
cycler
cycler began at the beginning.

Device: none
They should be save to remove if you don't use them. You'll obviously lose some audio functionality.
cycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:05 AM   #3
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by florianbw View Post
Hello,
I'm a M96 owner, and new in this forum. Great to see there is something going on!

I'm using Booxter's builds (thank you for the updates!). I want to free up some space in root and followed kuskro's post. However, apart from those mentioned, there are several other apks in my /system/app folder which I think might not be needed:

Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
MusicFX.apk
Phone.apk
PicoTts.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk

What do you think?
Don't delete neither Phone.apk nor TelephonyProvider.apk because it causes problems with bluetooth. Besides, if you use gmail you will need Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk.

Best.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote