Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Because it would be a copyright violation?
Give a woman a ring box and then have her find an ebook voucher inside? I think "disastrous" is understating it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #17
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I was suggesting a personal greeting before the front page, haven't said a word about a ring box.
A ring box should contain a ring, preferably with diamonds, lots of them, and big.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was suggesting a personal greeting before the front page, haven't said a word about a ring box.
The post you responded was "#6 has the potential to be a disaster." #6 is "Throw her off track" and shows a picture of a ring box.
Quote:
A ring box should contain a ring, preferably with diamonds, lots of them, and big.
You obviously understand what we are talking about
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #19
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

#6 is a reference to post #6, is it not?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
#6 is a reference to post #6, is it not?
That wasn't how I interpreted it. And from the comment, I don't think DianNC was referring to that.

By the way, I like your idea in post #6. It is sort of like putting a message or a bookplate in the front of a paper book.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #21
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Usually when # is used with a number it refers to that specific message in the thread. I tried using Wingding with a 6 in a circle but alas those don't work, since that is not a platform independent standard. I checked the article after posting, that is when I realized that it was an item in there that was mentioned.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #22
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
No ebooks under the tree, but there is an xbox live subscription gift card and a minecraft gift card. I put them in envelopes and perch the envelope on a branch.

Remember it's the gift that counts!
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #23
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
I agree, but then I am a Jeweler.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #24
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ring ring ring
ring around the collar
tree rings
bathtub rings
phone rings
you answer.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #25
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I like idea 3! My daughter has a capsule coffee/hot drinks machine. A mug, some chocolate drink capsules and a book gift card... Hmmm....
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #26
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

chocolate in a capsule.......now wait a minute....
Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #27
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ring ring ring
ring around the collar
tree rings
bathtub rings
phone rings
you answer.
Is that Dr. Suess? Or that fall out of your brain by itself?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #28
kennyc

That's an original Duckie.

(feel free to check out my other work at the links in my sig. or in the user poetry thread here)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #29
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That's an original Duckie.

(feel free to check out my other work at the links in my sig. or in the user poetry thread here)
I will do that, try to remember putting it on my todo list. If I don't forget.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #30
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Even before ebooks., my family never bought me books as gifts. They could never know if I already had it. Before gift cards it was checks or cash in a nice card with a message. Now it is gift cards. I just have to convince them not to buy Books A Million Gift Cards. It is the only book store in town and their ebook selection sucks.
Apache
Not once did I ever get a book I actually wanted when I was young and still exchanging gifts with family. One relative knows I'm not religious, so used to send me a bible every year. Another would load up a box of books she'd read, knowing I had no interest in the genre and pass them to me as a Christmas gift. (She didn't want to waste them by tossing them out.)

I'd so much rather get a gift card it isn't funny. Now, we've just all have agreed not to give presents accept to parents. And they get restaurant gift certificates.

The rest of us are so much happier with just sending a Card, sharing a meal or a phone call. The rest it just too much work.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote