Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #31
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Fun View Post
This looks like a great option. The back of the Kindle is also apparently accessible. That would be helpful. I don't mind the cover that is shipped with the Kindle, but I thought I would pass ebooknerd's information on in this thread too. HTHs.
I've been considering this cover, as can't keep my device in the cover, but hesitated because of the cost.

After putting it off for a while and only using the elastic band to keep it in the case, finally got a pack of Velcro and put one 3/4 inch piece on the lower right corner. It works like a charm. Big relief not worrying about it falling out all the time. Just saved $38 (cost of that cover less the Velcro)
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #32
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
I've never had my Kindle fall out of the case, so I haven't needed the Velcro tab or to put the elastic over the bottom right edge. I do like to bend the back cover all the way and secure it with the elastic band -- I do that when I'm walking on the treadmill at the gym.

I've considered buying the MEdge cover, because I like the idea of a place to put the SD card and a business card with my contact info on it, in case I leave it somewhere, but now i'm kind of hooked on being able to flip the cover back completely and it doesn't look like the MEdge cover will allow that. Has anyone received theirs yet?
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #33
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Replacement Case

I would really love it if this company made a cover. I've been tempted to buy one and try to adapt it myself.

http://oberondesign.com/shop/cart.ph...duct_list&c=30
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #34
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
I would really love it if this company made a cover. I've been tempted to buy one and try to adapt it myself.

http://oberondesign.com/shop/cart.ph...duct_list&c=30
Ooooo - my check book wishes you hadn't posted that URL!! Yummmm.

I wonder if they could be persuaded to make such a cover, with 4 corner clips/elastics. Such that it would work for a Kindle and/or the other ebook devices.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #35
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Andy wants.

I really like the "Bold Celtic" cover. I don't know if I like it seventy bucks worth but I would if it were kindle ready.

Or maybe one that looked like this...

Last edited by jacksonunit; 03-04-2008 at 08:59 PM.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #36
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Smile

I received my new case from MEdge yesterday. I really like this case because it's red, feels nice, holds the Kindle very securely, and has interior holders for a pen/pencil, memory cards, etc..

All four corners of the Kindle are secured and the upper right hand corner has elastic so that you can easily slip it off and access the switches on the back. The front cover folds back completely without any ominous crackling noises.

This is what the Amazon case should have been.

The actual color is closer to the first picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	medge1.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	11260   Click image for larger version

Name:	medge2.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	11261  
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
So how does the front strap secure to keep the case closed? Sadly MEdge's site isn't the most informative.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #38
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
I see I wasn't the first. I got my m-edge case today, and 10 minutes tells me I am 100% more satisfied with this, than the default Amazon cover...

azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #39
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, you've convinced me. I ordered a red one, for my birthday! P.S. Shipping is $4.99 through amazon.com, or $8 through the medge web site. Either way, the order goes to medge.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #40
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
These look pretty durn well made. I'd get one if I knew for sure the brown was more "saddle" than "chocolate" brown.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #41
jmdor
Enthusiast
jmdor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; ex-Sony PRS500
Thumbs up Fold Back

The medge definitely folds back all the way, which is quite nice. I thought the little band at the top corner would keep pressing on the next page button, but it doesn't. It's fantastic compared to the original cover!
jmdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #42
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Oh yeah, the cover is really nice. And the red is great so it doesn't get lost in my bag.

OT: I once bought DH a really cool rolling backpack for his laptop. The outside was a conservative black but the interior was orange. He could always find anything in that backpack because of the contrast between the orange and everything else.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #43
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
These look pretty durn well made. I'd get one if I knew for sure the brown was more "saddle" than "chocolate" brown.
dkb posted a picture of his brown cover.

I don't know if I'd call it "saddle" but it's definitely not chocolate. That's the color I was interested in, too.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #44
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
.... it's definitely not chocolate
That really depends on what kind of chocolate you eat. That could be a milk chocolate..... Ooo, now you're making me hungry!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #45
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Okay, you've convinced me. I ordered a red one, for my birthday! P.S. Shipping is $4.99 through amazon.com, or $8 through the medge web site. Either way, the order goes to medge.
Thanks for that tip on cheaper shipping, badgoodDeb! I just ordered the red one!

And TallMomof2, I'm glad to hear you can bend back the front cover. I have enough room on the treadmill ledge to put it flat out if necessary, but I like having it folded back.
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote