Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-14-2023, 08:17 AM   #1
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
After Max Lumi firmware update, chess app resolution is low

I have been using chess.com in my Max Lumi and it worked pretty well. Yesterday I upgraded the firmware and found the same app now show up with pretty low resolution, all the icon/graphic looks much worse.

There are optimize options and I played all the combinations I can found, still cannot get the effect I had before. I also tried to update the chess app to latest but still get same result.

Why will the firmware update mess up this? Is it possible to adjust optimization setting to get better result?
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:39 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Onyx plays silly games with screen resolution.
On my Poke3 (with a res of 300 DPI) there was some override that made it 350 DPI.
That was some per-app setting and the default was 350 DPI.
Since then I've chopped out most of the Onyx stuff and haven't thought about it since.

This is my "junk" app that I throw loose code into.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demo.png
Views:	77
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	200316  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2023, 08:41 PM   #3
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
Yes I tried the optimization setting with different DPI. That will make interface smaller or bigger, but the chess board is always low resolution.

I also bought a Boox air 2 plus, which probably is still on older firmware, and that one will have the higher resolution of chess board.

I guess the lesson is don't upgrade firmware unless there is a strong reason.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:01 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Try this:
Code:
C:\>adb shell "getprop|grep density"
[ro.sf.lcd_density]: [300]
[vendor.display.lcd_density]: [300]
If you can find someone with the older version check what theirs is.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote