Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2023, 07:39 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Trouble after repurchasing a refunded book

A few months ago, I refunded a book that I purchased. (I don't remember the exact reasoning, but I put it back on the wishlist with an intent to repurchase.) I'd loaded it onto my Kobo but hadn't begun to read it, and I think the next sync would have removed it from the device.

Today, I repurchased the book. However, the download button just silently fails. I suspect this is because the book is still somehow flagged as refunded. I did notice the purchase date in 'my books' was the date I originally purchased.

The Kobo support chatbot is being unhelpful.

Has anybody else come across this issue and been able to resolve it?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-24-2023 at 07:45 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 04:25 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Trouble after repurchasing a refunded book

I’ve run into this problem before—a few times when there was a database corruption, and a few times when something went wrong on Kobo’s end. Rebooting doesn’t work. Resetting the Kobo doesn’t work. The only solution is to call Kobo and talk to a CS rep. (I try to avoid the online chat for complicated issues.)

You explain the situation and ask them to delete and restore the book from your library on their end. They’ll delete the book, ask you to reboot your Kobo, they restore the book to your collection on their end, then they ask you to reboot again. You might even have to repair your account from More>Device Info, but getting Kobo to fix things on their end is the only way I have found to resolve this problem.

A few months ago when I made a purchase, Kobo charged my card, but the book didn’t download to any of my Kobos or iOS Kobo apps. It showed up in my purchase history, but not in my Kobo library online. Unusually, having Kobo delete the book from my library then restore it didn’t fix the issue. We tried several times with no success, so Kobo refunded me. I bought the book again two months later with no issue. 🤷🏻*♂️ That was the only time in my eight years with Kobo having them delete the book on their end didn’t fix the issue.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2023, 11:57 AM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thank you!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote