Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-22-2022, 10:11 AM   #61
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It’s that time again!

As always, YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=mr060-20&node=17495918011
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:23 AM   #62
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It’s that time again!

As always, YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=mr060-20&node=17495918011
Tip: take a screenshot of your "Offer activated" banner in case of dispute over the offer. I failed to do that with my last Amazon UK deal and I did not get the credit; however, CS did refund all my purchases for the period on the basis that I wouldn't have bought them if not for the offer.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2022, 10:58 PM   #63
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Second month in a row I've gotten the credit immediately after activating the offer, without buying anything first.

Or has there been a stealth change where purchases made before the offer period now count? If so, then I'd probably qualify.

Either way, I'm certainly not complaining.
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:06 AM   #64
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
Second month in a row I've gotten the credit immediately after activating the offer, without buying anything first.

Or has there been a stealth change where purchases made before the offer period now count? If so, then I'd probably qualify.

Either way, I'm certainly not complaining.
As far as I know, these offers have always been retroactive to the start of the promotional period; it hasn’t been a stealth change.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:46 AM   #65
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
As far as I know, these offers have always been retroactive to the start of the promotional period; it hasn’t been a stealth change.
I know, but I activated the offer the first day (before it was even posted here) and got the credit instantaneously. I didn't spend $25 on the 21st - I spent $0 that day - but the credit was applied right away.

That's why I'm wondering if it's now counting purchases made before the official dates listed in the offer. I could see myself qualifying for the credit if that's the case.

The other possibility is I acquired freebies that day that this promotion somehow didn't count as free, but even then, I can't see how I would have come close to $25 when taking into account how much the freebies originally cost.

Last edited by C.S.; 01-25-2022 at 01:48 AM.
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #66
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
I know, but I activated the offer the first day (before it was even posted here) and got the credit instantaneously. I didn't spend $25 on the 21st - I spent $0 that day - but the credit was applied right away.

That's why I'm wondering if it's now counting purchases made before the official dates listed in the offer. I could see myself qualifying for the credit if that's the case.

The other possibility is I acquired freebies that day that this promotion somehow didn't count as free, but even then, I can't see how I would have come close to $25 when taking into account how much the freebies originally cost.
I'm sure you've heard the quote by Arthur C. Clarke that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." At this point, just chalk Amazon's rewards decisions up to that. I'm not sure even they know who exactly qualifies any more, having turned most of it over to the Mighty Algorithm.

The MA favored you on the 21st, may it always do so.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:15 AM   #67
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I think it's back? There was a notification on my phone from the Kindle app. But when I opened it I was told I wasn't up to snuff after all*. If it is going, not sure what the date range is.

*Coincidentally, I have bought a bunch of books just recently. I wonder if when they roll these offers out they look at your recent purchase history? If you're already buying tons of crap, why give you the extra $6?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:23 AM   #68
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Amazon US has stiffed me on this for the last four or five rounds at least. Sigh! But it doesn't feel as if I'm buying more (or less) from them. Amazon's algorithms are a mystery...probably even to them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think it's back? There was a notification on my phone from the Kindle app. But when I opened it I was told I wasn't up to snuff after all*. If it is going, not sure what the date range is.

*Coincidentally, I have bought a bunch of books just recently. I wonder if when they roll these offers out they look at your recent purchase history? If you're already buying tons of crap, why give you the extra $6?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:53 PM   #69
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Feb 21-28 Spend $25 Get $6

Quote:

This is what I'm seeing (Amazon US). Took a screen shot as I got stiffed the last time I did this...!

SPECIAL OFFER
Spend $25, Get $6
Get $6 back in eBook credit when you spend $25 on eBooks.
Feb 21 - Feb 28
Old 02-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #70
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And apparently maybe all I needed to do was whine and moan about not getting the offer and it just showed up for me as a banner ad...and I was able to click through and register.

Woo-hoo!

And I definitely have it screen-shotted
Old 02-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #71
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I clicked on the link a few posts up and all it shows me is New & Noteworthy Kindle Books.

Earlier I got the 'we don't like you, so we aren't giving you this offer' message. But maybe they think it would be disheartening to keep telling me I'm a bad person, so they only show the message once.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:26 PM   #72
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

That link has never worked for me. Almost always I've gotten this as a banner ad, and once or twice as an email...just my personal experience...

Quote:
I clicked on the link a few posts up and all it shows me is New & Noteworthy Kindle Books.

Earlier I got the 'we don't like you, so we aren't giving you this offer' message. But maybe they think it would be disheartening to keep telling me I'm a bad person, so they only show the message once.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:31 PM   #73
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
That link has never worked for me. Almost always I've gotten this as a banner ad, and once or twice as an email...just my personal experience...
Yeah, but I got a notification from Amazon and still no joy
Old 02-23-2022, 12:00 PM   #74
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Yeah, but I got a notification from Amazon and still no joy
Old 02-26-2022, 10:03 AM   #75
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
And apparently maybe all I needed to do was whine and moan about not getting the offer and it just showed up for me as a banner ad...and I was able to click through and register.

Woo-hoo!

And I definitely have it screen-shotted
Received my $6 credit today, so I won't need to argue with Customer Service and send in the screenshot... yay! The banner actually showed up for me only last night so I clicked to "activate the offer" (again), bought two more 99 cent books and got the credit. Not sure that I have spent the full $25 in purchases but am not going to look too closely.