Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-08-2023, 03:04 AM   #2026
bamboohouses
bamboohouses began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis
When I try to download the file I just repeatedly get the message "The network connection was lost"

Last edited by bamboohouses; 03-08-2023 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Screen shot wouldn't show
bamboohouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:52 AM   #2027
bamboohouses
bamboohouses began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis
Installed Firefox and managed to download the file and properly and install it. It all seems to be up and running so many thanks to everyone for their help. Much appreciated.
bamboohouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 10:58 AM   #2028
taddymack
taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!taddymack is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@bamboohouses: You're right, Safari doesn't work with the download page, I use that browser only when there are problems with web pages I visit, now it's vice versa.
taddymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:38 AM   #2029
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Very interesting. I tried the download on my mac mini with Ventura in Safari and sure enough it fails right at the end. Firefox worked fine. I'll see if I can try and figure out what's going on with Safari.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:09 AM   #2030
xilopaint
xilopaint began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey @willus, would you consider to create a Homebrew formula for k2pdfopt? I use k2pdfopt as a dependency in my Alfred workflow but I can't distribute it in Alfred Gallery as the binary is not notarized and signed with a trusted certificate. An alternative would be installing k2pdfopt via Homebrew. This CLI is maintained for a long time and I think it's popular enough to Homebrew Core.
xilopaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 06:41 PM   #2031
visualdrome
visualdrome began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paoerwhite 11th gen
Hey, I read magazines on my Paperwhite.
there's a guide on how to use k2pdfopt to convert PDF in a Kindle Paperqhite format?
visualdrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 05:53 AM   #2032
Vit
Vit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Hello, I am using k2pdfopt in -mode tm for trim margins. After that, it is not possible to use the table of contents in the book. The actual it is there, but all sections point to the first page. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Переведено с помощью DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_sourc...re-translation
Vit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:00 AM   #2033
Vit
Vit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Hello, I am using k2pdfopt in -mode tm for trim margins. After that, it is not possible to use the table of contents in the book. The actual it is there, but all sections point to the first page. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Vit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:31 AM   #2034
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit View Post
k2pdfopt currently does not support internal or hyperlinking. Sorry.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:15 PM   #2035
VikingSchism
VikingSchism began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there a way to deal with footnotes at the bottom of a page? It sort of works with just default settings, but when turning on wrap it's possible that text from the next page gets rolled into the footnote for example, and it can be kind of awkward having the footnotes breaking the middle of a page (but I'm alright if there's no solution for this)
VikingSchism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:52 PM   #2036
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingSchism View Post
Is there a way to deal with footnotes at the bottom of a page? It sort of works with just default settings, but when turning on wrap it's possible that text from the next page gets rolled into the footnote for example, and it can be kind of awkward having the footnotes breaking the middle of a page (but I'm alright if there's no solution for this)
Is there a noticeable break / vertical gap between the main text and the footnote? This is kind of what the -vb option is for (list of command-line options). If you could post a couple sample source pages and list the options you are using so far I could try a few things.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:54 AM   #2037
Upamanyu Santra
Upamanyu Santra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey willus, thank you so much for your tool.
I just discovered it and so far loving it. I'm using windows gui version for reading mostly academic papers and books. One quick question though. In native pdf output [-dev ko2 -wrap- -n -nt -90 -bp -c -col 1] highlights keep getting messed up. Tried figuring out what seems to be causing the problem using acro pro and abby. It seems at least in acro there are layers upon layers of text overlapped. Is there any way to fix that in the app itself or in the post-processing.
Another thing if there is already an TOC in form of bookmarks present in the input, then k2 outputs a TOC but it simply doesn't work. Is there any way to fix that as well?
Upamanyu Santra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:06 PM   #2038
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

In the PDF you sent to me via PM, I did not see any highlights or footnotes to test. The TOC issue seems to be a bug. I am wondering if it was introduced in v2.54. I can't remember the last time I verified it was working. I'll investigate.
Old 12-17-2023, 06:21 AM   #2039
Yasuro
Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Yasuro is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
The TOC disappearnce issue does exist

Hi, Willus. I would like to echo Upamanyu and tell you how much I appreciate k2pdfopt. Without it, my ebooks would have all the unnecessary white space around the contents. Thank you!

Having said that, I would like to echo Upamanyu again and tell you that the TOC issue does exist. I am using v. 2.54 on Windows 11 and I believe last time I used the then current version several months ago, the issue was not there.

What I am experiencing now is this: The TOC is still there after the conversion by k2pdfopt, but all the entries point to page 0.
Yasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:39 AM   #2040
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuro View Post
... What I am experiencing now is this: The TOC is still there after the conversion by k2pdfopt, but all the entries point to page 0.
Yes, this is what I see also. I'm guessing an update to MuPDF broke one of my API's and I forgot to regression test the TOC. I'll fix and add regression testing of the TOC.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools