Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-16-2023, 05:28 PM   #1
Kaladin
Kaladin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse
Upgrade from my worn out Cybook Muse?

Hello everybody, I found this forum through the YT channel jvscholz.

I have been using my Bookeen Muse (no frontlight version lol) regularly since May of 2017, recently it started getting crashes randomly fixed by restarting until the on/off button responds. Sometimes I really thought it was the last page I read. So I decided it is a good time to upgrade.

I want it to be a 7" screen. Also want to try reading mangas but that isn't really a necessity.

I have looked around and eyed the Onyxboox Leaf 2 black version, is that a good choice?
Kaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 06:09 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Depends what you want from your ereader. If you want Android and to install various different Android reading apps, the Leaf is a good choice. If Android is not a must-have, there are various other 7'' readers - Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Vision 6, Pocketbook Era. Of those, Kobo has the most open OS and the most customization options.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:07 AM   #3
Kaladin

Hey, thank you for the reply!

Is there a difference in the screen between Libra 2 and Leaf 2? Like contrast, etc? Also which one has better battery life?

My phone is android so that's more familiar as a UI.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:35 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaladin View Post

Is there a difference in the screen between Libra 2 and Leaf 2? Like contrast, etc? Also which one has better battery life?

No idea, as I don't have a Leaf 2, sorry. Libra 2 has an excellent screen.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:19 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

The Libra 2 has a much better UI for managing eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:22 AM   #6
Kaladin

Thank you so much for the input! I think now I am learning towards the Libra 2. It is cheaper than Leaf 2 for the same functions I need.
So after I get my Libra 2, I will come back to ask about customization.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:27 AM   #7
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:

The screen is slightly better on the Leaf 2. It's also more versatile thanks to the Android system, which to me is important as I need dictionaries not available for the Kobo. It's also slightly lighter than the Libra 2.

Battery life is about the same I think. I haven't measured it.

The Libra 2 is more ergonomic and has better page turn buttons. It is easier to use.

For people just interested in reading in English, I'd recommend the Libra. For people who like customizing or want to read in other languages - I'd go with an Android reader.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote