Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Any use now for WiFi?

I just got a pristine Sony PRS-T2 with good battery very cheap, but I'm thinking the https certs are all out of date and can't be updated so the browser is about useless?

I'm not interested in the Calibre Content server, so is there any other use for WiFi?

It's 1.0.05.12140 firmware, but Sony don't seem to offer FW downloads now.

It works fine with Calibre, though I changed tags in driver to be #koboshelves which is my active Collections column, so putting a bunch of books on created collections on the Reader for Series and Collections.

I assume also that Calibre can't read annotations/highlights, text notes or sketch notes.

As I run Linux it's simpler to simply remove ADE DRM than "Authorise" the Sony PRS-T2 for ADE?

I think it might do as present for one of the grandchildren with a 1000 approx PD ebooks. They are all keen readers though all the older ones have either Kobo or Kindle ereaders.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-01-2023 at 12:07 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
IMHO, the T2 is meh! You cannot set the fonts have enough weight for eInk.

The T1 I have works well with fonts. Someone on MR modified the Reading app to allow custom fonts. So using a font with more weight add, I get a font that works.

Also, have you tested the T2 with high resolution graphics to see how slow it is and if it locks or crashes?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 04:18 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I had a T1 a short while and took it back as it had the "freezing when dictionary accessed" bug.
The T2 seems better than pre-2020 Kindle Basic.
I've no issues with the fonts and many of the ebooks have embedded font anyway.
It was very cheap, cheaper than S/H old Kindle Basics usually are here. Unlike the Kindle the Collections work with Calibre. I had a spare 32G micro SD card.

What I asked about was Browser (out of date certs) and what use was the WiFi?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:11 AM   #4
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Yes, mine also showing,
"Data connectivity problem, A secure connection could not be established"

someone just said if we had access to root, then we can update the cert.
but I'm also clueless, since the only way is to root it.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote