Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-11-2023, 11:40 AM   #121
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a great idea. If you have a really annoying customer, use Ransom as the base font for the person's eBook.
Phlllbffft. I am 99% sure that I no longer have Ransom on any puter in this place.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:11 PM   #122
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Microsoft not to be left out actually had a font called Ransom.
I was working on a font that used OpenType features to create the effect.

It had the base letter glyphs, and then every letter had 4-5 alt forms that came from different fonts, and turning on "calt" would pick randomly between the alts. All you had to do was type the letters, and you'd get a fairly random-looking effect.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 03:09 PM   #123
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
I was working on a font that used OpenType features to create the effect.

It had the base letter glyphs, and then every letter had 4-5 alt forms that came from different fonts, and turning on "calt" would pick randomly between the alts. All you had to do was type the letters, and you'd get a fairly random-looking effect.
Lord, it's the Tortures of the Damned.

Hitch
Old 07-11-2023, 03:47 PM   #124
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Lord, it's the Tortures of the Damned.
I didn't ever use it. It was mostly so that I could see the difference between the choices made by the RNG.

What got me started on it was the book within a book in Misery. If you look at the original hardcover printing, the same letter was not always rendered exactly the same way, almost as if they actually typed it out and scanned it. So, I wanted to tweak a typewriter font to do the alternate letters, but I wasn't changing much on the glyphs, so it was hard to tell if it was working. Thus, the ransom note test version.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 04:19 PM   #125
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
I didn't ever use it. It was mostly so that I could see the difference between the choices made by the RNG.

What got me started on it was the book within a book in Misery. If you look at the original hardcover printing, the same letter was not always rendered exactly the same way, almost as if they actually typed it out and scanned it. So, I wanted to tweak a typewriter font to do the alternate letters, but I wasn't changing much on the glyphs, so it was hard to tell if it was working. Thus, the ransom note test version.
I get it. I think it's very clever, I truly do.

Hitch

Tags
embed, epub3, font, kindle